Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory backup NetApp using dump command Post 21058 by thehoghunter on Thursday 9th of May 2002 12:46:24 PM
Old 05-09-2002
Try the following (and read the man page for the options):

Instead of
rsh netmgtfs1 "dump 0uf nrst0a /vol/vol0/home"

use
rsh netmgtfs1 "dump 0bcuf 126 nrst0a /vol/vol0/home"
thehoghunter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump Command in Linux

Can anybody tell me please how to use the "dump" command in Linux command. dump -0u /destination /sourcefile or device file. Please correct me. -regards -Iftikhar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syedifti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump command

For ufsdump you type in a "dump level". The man command mentions levels 0-9 and gives examples. Can anyone define what each level refers to? What does a level 0 dump mean? What is a level 9 dump? What are the differences? Thanks in advance:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Patman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dump and tar backup in one tape

Hi all! I'm new in this forum. I need to ask a few question. I would like to know if it is possible to use dump and tar command for backup in one tape. If it is possible, how do I restore it back? Fyi, I'm using the Digital Unix 4.0E OSF/1 box. (old box) :-) Thank you. :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apokobondo
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

dump and tar backup in one tape

Hi all! I'm new in this forum. I need to ask a few question. I would like to know if it is possible to use dump and tar command for backup in one tape. If it is possible, how do I restore it back? Fyi, I'm using the Digital Unix 4.0E OSF/1 box. (old box) :-) Thank you. :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apokobondo
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Dump and restore command usage ??

Hi, I am using RHEL 4.0 I need to take backup of a directory and then restore it to some other location. For taking Backup of final directory, I am using this code: dump -0aj -f /home/vicky/final.dump /home/vicky/final/ Now, I am trying to restore this final.dump to some other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump command

Hi all, I am using embedded linux with my own RFS. But I want to use the dump command to try and solve some errors, but I don't know in wich package I can find the dump command. I hope someone can help me. With kind regards, Jurrian Dubbeldam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jurrian
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to monitor dump backup

I need to monitor our nightly backups and find a way to send an email out if the nightly backup does not kick off or fails. Thanks for your help! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nim73
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump command fault

im performing the dump command : dump 0uaf /dev/hdc /home an error msg appers says: DUMP: you cant update the dumpdates file while dumping a subdirectory DUMP: the entire dump is aborted can anyone help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: semosam
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a command to close a program with dump?

I'm running into some problems using pkill in my scripts. I'm using a program that needs to dump. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjaaron
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Netapp filer details - command?

What command can I use to find out details about a netapp filer. I have a directory that is a filer i would like to know details about the source host/folder that it points to. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjohnson
2 Replies
mlib_VolumeRayCast_General(3MLIB)			    mediaLib Library Functions				 mlib_VolumeRayCast_General(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_VolumeRayCast_General, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_U8_Bit, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_U8_U8, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_S16_S16, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Trilinear_U8_U8, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Paral- lel_Trilinear_S16_S16, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_U8_Bit, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_U8_U8, mlib_Vol- umeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_S16_S16, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Trilinear_U8_U8, mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Diver- gent_Trilinear_S16_S16 - cast a ray (or rays) through a 3D data set SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_U8_Bit(mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_U8_U8(mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Nearest_S16_S16(mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Trilinear_U8_U8(mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Parallel_Trilinear_S16_S16(mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_U8_Bit(mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_U8_U8(mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Nearest_S16_S16(mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Trilinear_U8_U8(mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); mlib_status mlib_VolumeRayCast_General_Divergent_Trilinear_S16_S16(mlib_rays *rays, const mlib_genvolume *vol, void *buffer); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions casts a ray (or rays) through a three-dimensional(3D) data set, then computes and returns the interpolated samples at each step along the way. In trilinear interpolation, the value at point P is computed from its eight surrounding neighbors based on the equation below. P = (1-a)*(1-b)*(1-c)*P0 + a*(1-b)*(1-c)*Px + (1-a)*b*(1-c)*Py + (1-a)*(1-b)*c*Pz + a*b*(1-c)*Pxy + a*(1-b)*c*Pxz + (1-a)*b*c*Pyz + a*b*c*Pxyz where a, b, and c are the fractional parts of the coordinates of point P. The trilinear interpolation is represented by the following figure: Please see the online man page on docs.sun.com or a print copy for the diagram. Figure that represents the trilinear interpolation In nearest neighbor operation, the sample value at point P is replaced by the value of the nearest neighbor voxel. PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: rays Casting rays. vol Volume data that consists of slices. buffer Working buffer. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_VolumeRayCast_Blocked(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_VolumeRayCast_General(3MLIB)