Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PROM password for UNIX workstation. Post 21019 by Kanu77 on Thursday 9th of May 2002 04:39:34 AM
Old 05-09-2002
PROM password for UNIX workstation.

Can someone give me the reason why PROM passwords are put on UNIX machines??? Is there a genuinely good, sane and reasonable decision for this???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Prom

Is there any place where i can look for the commands that can be used on the ok> prompt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jai
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Having PROM Env remotely !

My workstation's graphic card had problem so unitl it's fixing if i want to have PROM env & run some commands like OK probe-scsi or ..... what should i do ? Rgrds Nikk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware dummy trying to set up Unix workstation for Oracle at home for practice!

I have been planning to set up a Unix workstation at home to host an Oracle database just for database admin. practice. But I don't know enough about hardware to know whether this can be done on a regular desktop and the required hardware config. If anyone could kindly guide me in this mission I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmanpakdee
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup unix workstation to print on NT queue ?

how do I setup my unix workstation to print to NT Printer server queue? any helps greatly appreciated. I can setup print staight to printer, however, I can not print it to NT server queue. thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phapvn
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PROM password

I have a query. Its about the PROM password on a SUN ULTRA5. I am the administrator of a UNIX network, which is actually a private network within the company that I work for. The IT department who supplied the workstations will not remove the PROM passwords - I need it removed in order to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Get openboot version without going to PROM

Hi there How do i get the openboot version from within solaris 8-sparc. i cant seem to run "banner" or ".version" using eeprom cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete OS from Unix Workstation B2000

Hello, I have two Unix WS B2000 from HP and I would like to know how I could delete the OS from the harddisk. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baloo64
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

prom in deleting a pattern

hi guys, i have a directory.inside that so many directories and files are there.i want to search the complete directory for a pattern in all the .txt files.if i will find that pattern then i want to delete that pattern from that file. please help me out. i want it urgent (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
18 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/Linux Distributions on VMware Workstation 6?

Which distributions are known to have great performance, but also excellent ease of use and compatibility on VMware Workstation 6? I have 2GB of real RAM in my system and Windows Vista Home Premium as a host operating system. I can almost always get away with alotting up to 1GB of RAM for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrrrrrNiceGuy
1 Replies

10. SuSE

Telnet to SCO UNIX from SUSE Linux Workstation

Hi i am new to Linux, i am trying to connect SCO Unix from SUSE LINUX Workstation but i am unable to define the terminal type. i have also downloaded terminal softwares but function keys (f1, f2....) and some other keys are displaying code instead of working the correct function. is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aafflatoon
2 Replies
sane-s9036(5)						   SANE Scanner Access Now Easy 					     sane-s9036(5)

NAME
sane-s9036 - SANE backend for Siemens 9036 flatbed scanners DESCRIPTION
The sane-s9036 library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access to Siemens 9036 flatbed scanners. DEVICE NAMES
This backend expects device names of the form: special Where special is the path-name for the special device that corresponds to a SCSI scanner. The special device name must be a generic SCSI device or a symlink to such a device. The program sane-find-scanner helps to find out the correct device. Under Linux, such a device name could be /dev/sga or /dev/sge, for example. See sane-scsi(5) for details. FILES
/etc/sane.d/s9036.conf The backend configuration file (see also description of SANE_CONFIG_DIR below). /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-s9036.a The static library implementing this backend. /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-s9036.so The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading). ENVIRONMENT
SANE_CONFIG_DIR This environment variable specifies the list of directories that may contain the configuration file. Under UNIX, the directories are separated by a colon (`:'), under OS/2, they are separated by a semi-colon (`;'). If this variable is not set, the configura- tion file is searched in two default directories: first, the current working directory (".") and then in /etc/sane.d. If the value of the environment variable ends with the directory separator character, then the default directories are searched after the explic- itly specified directories. For example, setting SANE_CONFIG_DIR to "/tmp/config:" would result in directories "tmp/config", ".", and "/etc/sane.d" being searched (in this order). SANE_DEBUG_S9036 If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. Higher debug levels increase the verbosity of the output. Example: export SANE_DEBUG_S9036=4 SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-scsi(5) AUTHOR
Ingo Schneider 14 Jul 2008 sane-s9036(5)