Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System Headers Path?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers System Headers Path? Post 2089 by scottr on Wednesday 18th of April 2001 01:06:43 PM
Old 04-18-2001
Question

Is there an environment variable or other mechanism whereby I can get the system headers path? Preferrably I would like to be able to gather this information independant of the flavor of Unix. Thanks, Scott.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System environment Path in Linux

HI there people!! I'm really new with this great OS. I just installed a RedHat Linux 7.1 on my unit. Got it to work on dual boot with my Windows 2000. And I have some problem... how do i change/modify the system environment path? Thanks... and sorry for the ignorance ;) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spine_me
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A system path?

ok I'm new here but I'm no dummy when it comes to unix i was wondering if there was a system path variable or any way to get one. EX. >ls / would return: home root tmp var media Debian-linux Debian-bsd redhat with the Debian-linux and Debian-bsd and redhat contaning the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Genral
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with embedded FTP command in Ksh - System Cannot find the specified path.

I have the following FTP embedded in a Ksh script on AIX 5.3 ftp -n <<WHATEVER open 10.101.26.218 user hcistats ******* ascii put $thupdatefile put $thcollectfile quit WHATEVER Here is what my script returns: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

6. Web Development

store images into databases or path to file system files ?

hi, I need a quick information about storing images into mysql databases. Is more convenient to store a path to the filesystem folder in which the images are stored, or is possible to directly store the images into my tables ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

7. Programming

Linux System C headers puzzling

I am new to Linux system programming, and I found the sophisiticated definition of some library function differ a lot with what I learnt in classes. Here is the question: what does the suffix of function `chmod' in sys/stat.h mean. The funtion claimation is like following: extern int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackCrital2005
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Moving a zone path to a new file system

Hello Gurus, I need your help with this please. I am trying to move a zone to a new directory but it keeps failing. Below is what I did and the message I get. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks zoneadm -z testzone move /rpool/testzone cannot create ZFS dataset rpool/testzone: dataset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
FEDFS-SET-NSDB-PARAMS(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  FEDFS-SET-NSDB-PARAMS(8)

NAME
fedfs-set-nsdb-params - send a FEDFS_SET_NSDB_PARAMS ADMIN protocol request SYNOPSIS
fedfs-set-nsdb-params [-?d] [-n nettype] [-h hostname] [-f certfile] [-l nsdbname] [-r nsdbport] [-s security] INTRODUCTION
RFC 5716 introduces the Federated File System (FedFS, for short). FedFS is an extensible standardized mechanism by which system adminis- trators construct a coherent namespace across multiple file servers using file system referrals. For further details, see fedfs(7). FedFS-enabled file servers allow remote administrative access via an authenticated RPC protocol known as the FedFS ADMIN protocol. Using this protocol, FedFS administrators manage FedFS junctions and NSDB connection parameter information on remote FedFS-enabled file servers. DESCRIPTION
The fedfs-set-nsdb-params(8) command is part of a collection of low-level single-use programs that is intended for testing the FedFS ADMIN protocol or for use in scripts. It sends a single FEDFS_SET_NSDB_PARAMS request to a remote FedFS ADMIN protocol service. The FEDFS_SET_NSDB_PARAMS request updates NSDB connection parameter information stored on a remote server. For more on the specification and use of NSDB connection parameters, see nsdbparams(8) or fedfs(7). An NSDB hostname and port number (see below) are used as the primary key to identify an entry in the remote server's NSDB connection param- eter database. The NSDB connection parameter database matches NSDB hostnames and ports by exact value. Details on NSDB connection parameters database entry matching can be found in nsdb-parameters(7). OPTIONS
-d, --debug Enables debugging messages during operation. -?, --help Displays fedfs-set-nsdb-params(8) version information and a usage message on stderr. -f, --certfile=pathname Specifies the pathname of a local file containing an x.509 certificate the remote system can use to authenticate the specified NSDB node. The specified file may be deleted after the command succeeds. Details on the contents of this file can be found in nsdb- parameters(7). -h, --hostname=hostname Specifies the hostname of a remote FedFS ADMIN service. If this option is not specified, the default value is localhost. -n, --nettype=nettype Specifies the transport to use when contacting the remote FedFS ADMIN service. Typically the nettype is one of tcp or udp. If this option is not specified, the default value is netpath. See rpc(3t) for details. -l, --nsdbname=NSDB-hostname Specifies the hostname of the NSDB to insert into the new FedFS junction. If this option is not specified, the value of the FEDFS_NSDB_HOST environment variable is consulted. If the variable is not set and the --nsdbname option is not specified, the fedfs-set-nsdb-params(8) command fails. -r, --nsdbport=NSDB-port Specifies the IP port of the NSDB to insert into the new FedFS junction. If this option is not specified, the value of the FEDFS_NSDB_PORT environment variable is consulted. The default value if the variable is not set is 389. -s, --security=flavor Specifies the security flavor to use when contacting the remote FedFS ADMIN service. Valid flavors are sys, unix, krb5, krb5i, and krb5p. If this option is not specified, the unix flavor is used. See the SECURITY section of this man page for details. EXAMPLES
Suppose you are the FedFS administrator of the example.net FedFS domain and that your domain's NSDB hostname is nsdb.example.net. If the file server fs.example.net does not know about your NSDB, you can inform it with: $ fedfs-set-nsdb-params -h fs.example.net -l nsdb.example.net Call completed successfully The remote server fs.example.net now knows about the nsdb.example.net NSDB and can use it for resolving FedFS junctions. It will not use TLS when querying the NSDB to resolve junctions. SECURITY
By default, or if the sys and unix flavors are specified with the --security=flavor option, the fedfs-create-junction(8) command uses AUTH_SYS security for the Remote Procedure Call. AUTH_SYS has known weaknesses and should be avoided on untrusted networks. The RPC client uses the Kerberos v5 GSS mechanism if a Kerberos security flavor is specified. When specifying a Kerberos security flavor, the user must first obtain a valid Kerberos ticket using kinit(1) before running fedfs-create-junction(8). The AUTH_NONE security flavor is no longer supported by this implementation. SEE ALSO
fedfs(7), nsdb-parameters(7), rpc.fedfsd(8), fedfs-get-nsdb-params(8), nsdbparams(8), kinit(1), rpc(3t) RFC 5716 for FedFS requirements and overview COLOPHON
This page is part of the fedfs-utils package. A description of the project and information about reporting bugs can be found at http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/FedFsUtilsProject. AUTHOR
Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@oracle.com> 3 February 2014 FEDFS-SET-NSDB-PARAMS(8)