Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: doh! please help.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers doh! please help. Post 20747 by fishman2001 on Thursday 2nd of May 2002 11:13:31 PM
Old 05-03-2002
doh! please help.

I was creating some space in my /usr directory to install a new package. As root I had moved some of the big ones and replace them with links to the new locations. for some reason I then thought it a good idea to move /usr/lib to /export/home. After doing that absolutely nothing worked, not su, mv, cp, pkgadd, ls, etc. etc. etc.. about the only thing I could do was change up and down directories.

Please help, is there anything I can do to recover from this apart from reinstalling solaris. I can't even log in now.Smilie Smilie Smilie

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify ls -l (long listing format output) strictly using SED only straightforward goalhard 4 me doh

Below is a sample out of ls -l which I would like to rearrange or modify by field numbers for example I successfully managed to disect using simple paragraph however for ls -l I can't divide the rows or fields by field number. Successful modification by fields using SED sample: $ sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
1 Replies
SEMODULE(8)								NSA							       SEMODULE(8)

NAME
semodule - Manage SELinux policy modules. SYNOPSIS
semodule [options]... MODE [MODES]... DESCRIPTION
semodule is the tool used to manage SELinux policy modules, including installing, upgrading, listing and removing modules. semodule may also be used to force a rebuild of policy from the module store and/or to force a reload of policy without performing any other transac- tion. semodule acts on module packages created by semodule_package. Conventionally, these files have a .pp suffix (policy package), although this is not mandated in any way. OPTIONS
-R, --reload force a reload of policy -B, --build force a rebuild of policy (also reloads unless -n is used) -D, --disable_dontaudit Temporarily remove dontaudits from policy. Reverts whenever policy is rebuilt -i,--install=MODULE_PKG install/replace a module package -u,--upgrade=MODULE_PKG upgrade an existing module package, or install if the module does not exist -b,--base=MODULE_PKG install/replace base module package -d,--disable=MODULE_NAME disable existing module -e,--enable=MODULE_NAME enable existing module -p,--path=ROOTPATH use an alternate root path -r,--remove=MODULE_NAME remove existing module -l,--list-modules display list of installed modules (other than base) -s,--store name of the store to operate on -n,--noreload do not reload policy after commit -h,--help prints help message and quit -v,--verbose be verbose EXAMPLE
# Install or replace a base policy package. $ semodule -b base.pp # Install or replace a non-base policy package. $ semodule -i httpd.pp # List non-base modules. $ semodule -l # Turn on all AVC Messages for which SELinux currently is "dontaudit"ing. $ semodule -DB # Turn "dontaudit" rules back on. $ semodule -B # Install or replace all non-base modules in the current directory. $ semodule -i *.pp # Install or replace all modules in the current directory. $ ls *.pp | grep -Ev "base.pp|enableaudit.pp" | xargs /usr/sbin/semodule -b base.pp -i SEE ALSO
checkmodule(8), semodule_package(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. The program was written by Karl MacMillan <kmacmillan@tresys.com>, Joshua Brindle <jbrindle@tresys.com>, Jason Tang <jtang@tresys.com> Security Enhanced Linux Nov 2005 SEMODULE(8)