Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users CC-MODE not working from different user Post 20724 by sierra_aar on Thursday 2nd of May 2002 02:31:46 PM
Old 05-02-2002
Thanks for your answer.
But what permisions I need? 777?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single-user mode

how do you boot into single user mode? RedHat 7.1 Caldera 2.4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorro81
2 Replies

2. Solaris

adding a user in single user mode

Just got a solaris 8 blade 150 box with no users, only a root account. no one seems to know the password. I'd like to add one user. So I booted into single user mode via cdrom and added one. Can't seem to login using the new account, though. Here's what I'm using: # useradd -d /tmp/"user" -m... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

single user mode

How to diable the single user mode.. what i want is dat my users are unable to boot in single user mode via GRUB.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.jss
1 Replies

4. Solaris

fsck not working in single user mode

My solaris10 machine suddenly hanged and when i rebooted it gave me warnings like "WARNING: Unexpected token ' ' on line 10 of /platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/sf.conf " and many more. I went into the single user mode by #boot cdrom -s I tried executing fsck -y there.But it did not work. It does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to Single user mode?

How to enter single user mode when UNIX/LINUX system is starting? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gkreddy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode - user accounts passwords

hello ppl, someone must be able to help with this --> I have an old NCR tower 32 with an ADDS terminal running a unix version 020102 (Im not sure if thats correct but its unix for sure). I have no user names and no passwords and need to login to read a tape. Is there any way to do that? I hear... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I suspect that my NIC is working in hybridization mode?

Hi, all: The physical network interface card should drop the packets if it doesn't match the MAC address of the NIC. In my PC, however, the packets which shoud be dropped trigger the interrupt function of my own driver and are recieved as skb to be transfered to the upper layer! Why? How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liklstar
1 Replies

8. Linux

passwd command not working in single user mode

dear all in single user mode i want to change password in RHEL server 6.0 (Santiago) i tired using passwd command it is not able to change. how to change it. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Single user mode

Hi all I am new on sun OS. I have have little experience on linux. The Story start from this point: I want to put some script on start-up the terminal, but I cant do that. my shell was sh and I tried so much to find way to do that. at last someone said to me change your shell to bash. I ask how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahim_T
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Root Access not working as FileSystem in ReadOnly Mode

Hi Experts I am facing a problem wherein Root Access not working as FileSystem in ReadOnly Mode. Due to a Disk failure, my Filesystem went into Read-Only mode: report@xx> grep root /proc/mounts /dev/root / ext3 ro,data=ordered 0 0 Now, I am not able to login using root user on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navkanwal
5 Replies
QUIZ(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   QUIZ(6)

NAME
quiz -- random knowledge tests SYNOPSIS
quiz [-t] [-i file] [question answer] DESCRIPTION
The quiz utility tests your knowledge of random facts. It has a database of subjects from which you can choose. With no arguments, quiz displays the list of available subjects. The options are as follows: -t Use tutorial mode, in which questions are repeated later if you didn't get them right the first time, and new questions are presented less frequently to help you learn the older ones. -i Specify an alternative index file. Subjects are divided into categories. You can pick any two categories from the same subject. quiz will ask questions from the first cate- gory and it expects answers from the second category. For example, the command ``quiz victim killer'' asks questions which are the names of victims, and expects you to answer with the cause of their untimely demise, whereas the command ``quiz killer victim'' works the other way around. If you get the answer wrong, quiz lets you try again. To see the right answer, enter a blank line. Index and Data File Syntax The index and data files have a similar syntax. Lines in them consist of several categories separated by colons. The categories are regular expressions formed using the following meta-characters: pat|pat alternative patterns {pat} optional pattern [pat] delimiters, as in pat[pat|pat]pat In an index file, each line represents a subject. The first category in each subject is the pathname of the data file for the subject. The remaining categories are regular expressions for the titles of each category in the subject. In data files, each line represents a question/answer set. Each category is the information for the question/answer for that category. The backslash character (``'') is used to quote syntactically significant characters, or at the end of a line to signify that a continuation line follows. If either a question or its answer is empty, quiz will refrain from asking it. FILES
/usr/share/games/quiz The default index and data files. BUGS
quiz is pretty cynical about certain subjects. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD