Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check if deamons are running
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Check if deamons are running Post 20681 by W2W on Thursday 2nd of May 2002 05:53:21 AM
Old 05-02-2002
Check if deamons are running

Does anyone know if there is a UNIX-tool available that constantly will check if (some specific) deamons are running and will notify (via email) if one has failed/stopped?
I searched the web, but so far didn't find anything.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check that script is not running twice

using ps -ef | fgrep "ld_data" how do i write a script to check that it didn't already run Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Link_02
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check process running

I have this script: ------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh # if ] || ] then echo "Executing main_load.sh script" /usr1/psc_load/jobs/cron/main_load.sh "ods" else echo "File not found, do nothing" fi exit 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rose1207
4 Replies

3. Programming

How system deamons consuming less memory

Dear all, When I write the daemon programs it is consuming high memory and processor time. How can I avoid this? But, the system daemons are not consuming more. How? Can any one explain how the system daemons are handling the memory consumption and processor time. Thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if Process is running

Hi , I have a csh code below which check the process if it's running. Can any expert advise me on the following: 1) what does this notationmean ">!" and how is it different from the append ">" notation ? 2) how does "setenv" work in this code ? # Check whether there is a running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to check if process is running?

Hi I would like to check if an instance of a script is already running. I've seen many different examples, but I haven't the slightest idea as to how to do this. Can you please help. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check what cron is running

How to check what cron is scheduled to run? I don't want to modify anything. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevensw
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to check if a shell is already running ?

Hi, I put this at start of my shell (korn shell) to be sure that the shell is not already running and sometimes it fails and says that it is already running which is not true ! sleep 1 /usr/bin/ps -ef | /usr/bin/grep "$0" | /usr/bin/egrep -v grep>$LOGDIR/$0.res isup=$(cat $LOGDIR/$0.res|wc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to see if script is already running

Happy New Year Is there a quick way to check to see if a script is already running. I want to put in a check in the script to exit, if already running. Currerntly i can only think of doing it the following way. # ps -ef | grep -i 3_HOUSEKEEPING_FFTVTL_TO_FFTDSSU_DUPLICATION.ksh |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check if the script is already running?

I have one shell script in NAS shared location. Since NAS is mounted in many servers, script can be run from any of those servers. I want to make sure if the script is already running, it should not allow others to run it. I googled it and got some idea that i can touch one empty file in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Running Processes

I want to check how many processes are running with same names and get their respective counts. ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort -u | awk '{print $2": "$1}' Output would look like : $ ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort | uniq -c | awk '{print $2":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
8 Replies
CRM_VERIFY(8)							  [FIXME: manual]						     CRM_VERIFY(8)

NAME
crm_verify - check the CIB for consistency SYNOPSIS
crm_verify [-V] -x file crm_verify [-V] -X string crm_verify [-V] -L|-p crm_verify [-?] DESCRIPTION
crm_verify checks the configuration database (CIB) for consistency and other problems. It can be used to check a file containing the configuration or can it can connect to a running cluster. It reports two classes of problems, errors and warnings. Errors must be fixed before Heartbeat can work properly. However, it is left up to the administrator to decide if the warnings should also be fixed. crm_verify assists in creating new or modified configurations. You can take a local copy of a CIB in the running cluster, edit it, validate it using crm_verify, then put the new configuration into effect using cibadmin. OPTIONS
--help, -h Print a help message. --verbose, -V Turn on debug information. Note Increase the level of verbosity by providing additional instances. --live-check, -L Connect to the running cluster and check the CIB. --crm_xml string, -X string Check the configuration in the supplied string. Pass complete CIBs only. --xml-file file, -x file Check the configuration in the named file. --xml-pipe, -p Use the configuration piped in via stdin. Pass complete CIBs only. EXAMPLES
Check the consistency of the configuration in the running cluster and produce verbose output: crm_verify -VL Check the consistency of the configuration in a given file and produce verbose output: crm_verify -Vx file1 Pipe a configuration into crm_verify and produce verbose output: cat file1.xml | crm_verify -Vp FILES
/var/lib/heartbeat/crm/cib.xml--the CIB (minus status section) on disk. Editing this file directly is strongly discouraged. SEE ALSO
??? AUTHOR
crm_verify was written by Andrew Beekhof. [FIXME: source] 07/05/2010 CRM_VERIFY(8)