Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network Setup
Special Forums IP Networking Network Setup Post 20663 by hassan2 on Wednesday 1st of May 2002 01:53:25 PM
Old 05-01-2002
Hammer & Screwdriver Network Setup

the above procedure by hoghunter is right

To configure the DNS
edit /etc/resolv.conf

you might need to update the default domain if the domain is different from the previous one, this is needed for NIS/NIS+

To update defaultdomain
edit /etc/defaultdomain

default route could be updated by using this command

route add 0 [next hop/gateway]

next hop/gateway being your local router's ip address

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

network setup

on sparc solairs 2.8 which files i need to configure for network setup: /etc/hosts /etc/defaultrouter /etc/netmasks /et/resolv.conf what els?. by the way, how do i configure for rsh?. like for doing "rsh remotehostname date"?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S26+
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

network setup???

Hello everybody, I am a new unix user (Solaris 10). I was wondering if anybody can help me figure out how to connect to the network in my work place. I know my IP address, subnet mask, gateway, primary and secondary DNS addresses but I don't know how to enter these settings into my Solaris. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arash05
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 10 wireless network setup

I installed solaris 10 x86 on my dell laptop on a partition alongside windows xp. I am able to connect to the internet in xp with both my ethernet local area connection as well as through my wireless network card. But, however i do not have clue as to how to go about it in solaris. i did not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stakes20
0 Replies

4. Solaris

unable to setup network,urgent help needed!!

Hi all, I just bought a new system, but am unable to configure network on it.. am using a nge0 ethernet interface to login. i've tried all i knew but not of the webpages seem to open. Here is what i've done.. ifconfig nge0 plumb ifconfig -a (nge0) was being displayed as up and running. ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
23 Replies

5. Solaris

setup network interface

hi, i have sunfire 280r sparc. i would like to know how to setup interface with command ndd line and put it in the file permanently. my card is eri0 and speed can be 100mb or 1000mb full duplex. thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
3 Replies

6. Linux

Proxy / Network Anonymizer setup?

I'm trying to set up a system where I have a front end machine that has a list of proxies it knows to connect through, and all the machines in the office route through this front end machine to go through the appropriate proxy IP. Could someone point me in the direction of some software... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kettlewell
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How can I setup a NFS server to share with a whole network?

I have a solaris 10 system that is setup as a NFS server. The NFS clients have DHCP running. How do I setup the server, so that it allows mounts for any machine on the network? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishania
3 Replies

8. Linux

How to setup local IPv6 network

Hello everyone, I have question how i can setup local ipv6 network ? Here is my network: I have main ipv6 gw and server X for example that is connected with my main ipv6 gw and all ping6, traceroute6 is working. My local network is connected to one switch and main ipv4 gateway is that server X... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gild
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

RHEL 5.0 IP Network setup

Can someone here please help and walk me through what I need to do to setup my network so that I can start an oracle listener ? I am connected through a router (netgear) and everytime I start my machine the ip address changes because of DHCP (I think). There are so many parameters that I do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

[SOLVED] Wireless Network Setup

Hi, I am trying to set up a wireless internet connection on my centos OS (6). I can connect via the copper using the internal LAN but cannot get the wireless connection working. The 2 files that I have configured are: My wpa_supplicant.conf: ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
1 Replies
DMXGetWindowAttributes(3X)												DMXGetWindowAttributes(3X)

NAME
DMXGetWindowAttributes - determine back-end window attributes SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/dmxext.h> Bool DMXGetWindowAttributes(Display *dpy, Window window, int *screen_count, int available_count, DMXWindowAttributes *attr); DESCRIPTION
When calling DMXGetWindowAttributes(), window specifies the window ID of a window on the Xdmx(1) server and available_count specifies the length of attr. The number of screens for which information is available will be returned in screen_count and information about those screen will be returned in attr. If screen_count is less than available_count, then information for all of the screens will be returned. Otherwise, information for the first available_count screens will be returned. The DMXWindowAttributes structure is: typedef struct { int screen; Window window; XRectangle pos, vis; } DMXWindowAttributes; For each back-end X server that displays a portion of window, this structure contains the physical screen containing that portion, the win- dow ID on the back-end X server of the window containing that portion, the position and dimensions of the window on the back-end (pos, in screen coordinates), and the visible area of the window on the back-end (vis, in window-relative coordinates -- all zeros if the window is not visible on the backend). To obtain more information about the physical screen use the DMXGetScreenAttributes(3X) call. Note that DMX allows multiple back-end windows to overlap in their view of the DMX logical window. Further, a logical window does not have to be completely covered by back-end windows -- there may be gaps. As an example, consider a 500x500 window that spans the top two 1024x768 back-end displays (A and B) of a 2048x1536 DMX display composed of 4 1024x768 back-end displays arranged in a cube: A B C D In this case, the DMXGetWindowAttributes call would return the following information for the 500x500 window: display A: 500x500 window at 1024-250,0 (relative to back end) with 250x500 visible at 0,0 (relative to window origin) display B: 500x500 window at -250,0 (relative to back end) with 250x500 visible at 250,0 (relative to window origin) display C: 500x500 window at 1024-250,-768 with 0x0 visible at 0,0 display D: 500x500 window at -250,-768 with 0x0 visible at 0,0 RETURN VALUE
DMXGetWindowAttributes() returns True unless there is a protocol error. DMXGetWindowAttributes() can generate BadWindow and BadAlloc errors. NOTES
Because this call transports a great deal of information over the wire, please call DMXGetScreenCount(3X) first, and make sure attr is suf- ficiently large. On a particular back-end server, it is possible that the associated window has not yet been mapped because the XMapWindow(3X) call that will eventually map the window had been buffered by Xlib's normal buffering system. To avoid this race condition, please call DMXSync(3X) before communicating directly with the back-end X server. SEE ALSO
DMXGetScreenCount(3X), DMXSync(3X), DMXGetScreenAttributes(3X), DMX(3X), Xdmx(1) XFree86 Version 4.7.0 DMXGetWindowAttributes(3X)