Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Intel vs. RISC
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Intel vs. RISC Post 2049 by softarch on Monday 16th of April 2001 11:13:22 AM
Old 04-16-2001
Hammer & Screwdriver

if I may comment I would go for the cheap sparc. That's from my own exp.
gp

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Ibm Risc/6000 Os

:o Unix Sirs, :eek:RE: IBM RISC/6000 1990 Used on Application: Image buffer: 3D "Catia" (3D "Autocad" sim.) engineering C.A.D. Written by Deso. Cash prior to main frame dump:cool: * :oCan I purchase the oem operating system from you unix people? :cool: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penguins
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

please help need HP-UX 11 for PA RISC

Im not asking for an illegal copy (but from what i understand if i have the system its not illegal to give it to me) just how to get a copy of hp-ux period i have some old hp visualize systems based on the PA8500 400mhz cpu spent days on the phone with hp they no nothing and there website is a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maliqua
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

Debian HPPA for HP PA-RISC

Hi, I just downloaded the debian HPPA distribution. Once I try to install it on my C3000 box, the machine boots, reads a part of the CD but then stalls with an error message about the image on the CD. The CD drive is IDE, maybe debian expects to have a SCSI one. Somebody already tried to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ddegrendele
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PA-RISC 2.0 (LP64) and PA-RISC2.0 exec or libraries

I have a problem with executing an application using the ELF 64 libraries. Previous versions and on other machines where all is well use PA-RISC2.0 (32) . My guess is that the application or executables need to be recompiled and linked with the new ELF 64 libraries. Are these run time compatible ?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gd2352
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP-UX 11i v2 for PA-RISC

Hello, i trying to get HP-UX 11i v2 for PA-RISC. I`im to poor to buy this system, so I`am asking that someone can help me. best regards email removed (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mruczas
1 Replies

6. Programming

IBM Risc migration

Hi all, I have been dealing with the following problem one week now without any progress. I've a source code written in C which is using X libraries in order to create a graphical interface to visualise results produced by another code written in Fortran. The README file of the C code says... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavlos
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Access AS400 from HP (RISC) Unix OS

Hi everyone, I am in the need of some software which will allow me to access IBM AS400 from HP unix operating system. I could download the software from IBM site for windows OS and it is working succesfully. I need to do the same on UNIX OS. Could you please guide me to some site... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkoppula
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Does HP-UX On Itanium always come with PA-RISC compatibility

Does anybody know if HP-UX on Itanium always comes with backwards compatibility for PA-RISC applications? I've heard that there is an emulator called Aries which should do the trick, I just need to know if it always comes as standard with HP-UX Itanium systems. Any help would be greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nialler
3 Replies
LSCPU(1)							   User Commands							  LSCPU(1)

NAME
lscpu - display information about the CPU architecture SYNOPSIS
lscpu [-a|-b|-c] [-x] [-s directory] [-e[=list]|-p[=list]] lscpu -h|-V DESCRIPTION
lscpu gathers CPU architecture information from sysfs and /proc/cpuinfo. The command output can be optimized for parsing or for easy read- ability by humans. The information includes, for example, the number of CPUs, threads, cores, sockets, and Non-Uniform Memory Access (NUMA) nodes. There is also information about the CPU caches and cache sharing, family, model, bogoMIPS, byte order, and stepping. Options that result in an output table have a list argument. Use this argument to customize the command output. Specify a comma-separated list of column labels to limit the output table to only the specified columns, arranged in the specified order. See COLUMNS for a list of valid column labels. The column labels are not case sensitive. Not all columns are supported on all architectures. If an unsupported column is specified, lscpu prints the column but does not provide any data for it. COLUMNS CPU The logical CPU number of a CPU as used by the Linux kernel. CORE The logical core number. A core can contain several CPUs. SOCKET The logical socket number. A socket can contain several cores. BOOK The logical book number. A book can contain several sockets. NODE The logical NUMA node number. A node may contain several books. CACHE Information about how caches are shared between CPUs. ADDRESS The physical address of a CPU. ONLINE Indicator that shows whether the Linux instance currently makes use of the CPU. CONFIGURED Indicator that shows if the hypervisor has allocated the CPU to the virtual hardware on which the Linux instance runs. CPUs that are configured can be set online by the Linux instance. This column contains data only if your hardware system and hypervisor sup- port dynamic CPU resource allocation. POLARIZATION This column contains data for Linux instances that run on virtual hardware with a hypervisor that can switch the CPU dispatching mode (polarization). The polarization can be: horizontal The workload is spread across all available CPUs. vertical The workload is concentrated on few CPUs. For vertical polarization, the column also shows the degree of concentration, high, medium, or low. This column contains data only if your hardware system and hypervisor support CPU polarization. OPTIONS
-a, --all Include lines for online and offline CPUs in the output (default for -e). This option may only be specified together with option -e or -p. -b, --online Limit the output to online CPUs (default for -p). This option may only be specified together with option -e or -p. -c, --offline Limit the output to offline CPUs. This option may only be specified together with option -e or -p. -e, --extended[=list] Display the CPU information in human readable format. If the list argument is omitted, all columns for which data is available are included in the command output. When specifying the list argument, the string of option, equal sign (=), and list must not contain any blanks or other whitespace. Examples: '-e=cpu,node' or '--extended=cpu,node'. -h, --help Display help information and exit. -p, --parse[=list] Optimize the command output for easy parsing. If the list argument is omitted, the command output is compatible with earlier versions of lscpu. In this compatible format, two commas are used to separate CPU cache columns. If no CPU caches are identified the cache column is omitted. If the list argument is used, cache columns are separated with a colon (:). When specifying the list argument, the string of option, equal sign (=), and list must not contain any blanks or other whitespace. Examples: '-p=cpu,node' or '--parse=cpu,node'. -s, --sysroot directory Gather CPU data for a Linux instance other than the instance from which the lscpu command is issued. The specified directory is the system root of the Linux instance to be inspected. -x, --hex Use hexadecimal masks for CPU sets (for example 0x3). The default is to print the sets in list format (for example 0,1). -V, --version Display version information and exit. BUGS
The basic overview of CPU family, model, etc. is always based on the first CPU only. Sometimes in Xen Dom0 the kernel reports wrong data. On virtual hardware the number of cores per socket, etc. can be wrong. AUTHOR
Cai Qian <qcai@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com> SEE ALSO
chcpu(8) AVAILABILITY
The lscpu command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux January 2013 LSCPU(1)