Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: extract data from file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract data from file Post 20472 by Kelam_Magnus on Friday 26th of April 2002 03:23:24 PM
Old 04-26-2002
I think that this link will be very enlightening.

https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?s...highlight=copy

I would suggest using this and then grep * on all the new files to get what you want as a workaround until you find a script that will work for you.

Hope this helps...
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from file

Dear All , I am posting first time in this forum . Please ignore my mistakes . I am learning Unix and i need help to extract specific data from file . 1. I want to grep number of fails from log . The file contains "fails" word in line if test cases are failed . 2. The log contains... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: getdpg
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from file

Hello again, how do you extract data from a file? I have created a file with PID #s in it, I need to be able to take the PID from each line and kill it. How is this done? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from file

I m new to shell scripting & i need a help.... i have file like.... Name := sachin address:=something phone:=111 ... Note: There might be or not space between Name & := and between := & sachin. I need to extract the data from each line of file as var1=Name value1=sachin same for... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ps_sach
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Data from a file

I need to create a script to extract some specific data from a file. I locate the file using the find command: find . -name "rpbol*" -print | xargs grep -li Once I locate the file I need using the above command, I would like to extract some data from that file. The data is always located... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jevaba
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with File Data Extract

Hello, Hope you are doing fine. I have been struggling with it for some time now and I would really appreciate your help. Following is file format: Currency,Name,Date, Term USD, ABC, 2011/11/11, T0, S1, S2, S3, S4 , , ,T1, 5.6, 2.3, 6.5, 4.5 , ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srattani
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract header data from one file and combine it with data from another file

Hi, Great minds, I have some files, in fact header files, of CTD profiler, I tried a lot C programming, could not get output as I was expected, because my programming skills are very poor, finally, joined unix forum with the hope that, I may get what I want, from you people, Here I have attached... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a file

Hello All, I have a small xml file which looks like below: <Check:defaultval Val="crash" value="crash_report_0013&#xA;generate_check_0020 generate_check_0022&#xA;&#xA;This is where the fault is."/> <Check:defaultval Val="crash" value="crash_report_1001&#xA;generate_check_1001... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a file

I have a text file that contains the following data. For example, aa.txt has some numbers. I need to extract the continuous numbers(minimum 3 numbers) from it.How can I do this with awk? >aa.txt 31 35 36 37 38 39 44 169 170 173 174 175 177 206 >1a.txt 39 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmanabdulla
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a file

Hi , I am having a file which is PIPE delimited like this : file.txt aus|start|10:00:00 nz|start|11:00:00 aus|end|10:10:00 us|start|10:00:00 nz|end|11:10:00 us|end|11:00:00 . . . I want to extract an output file like this based on start time and end time for each countries: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)