Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: urgent sed help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers urgent sed help Post 20462 by kristy on Friday 26th of April 2002 02:29:31 PM
Old 04-26-2002
Computer Thanks!

That worked! Thanks so much.

Now, why did that work and mine did not?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need urgent sed help

I am writing a shell script on SunOS cosuaah01 5.9 Generic_118558-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 machine. The shell script in.sh looks like this: install_top=`pwd` fl2=/d01/applptch/ptchora/iAS/Apache/Apache/cgi-bin/cxtool/display_report.pl echo $fl2 mv $fl2 $fl2.old sed 5c\... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhatia333
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script help urgent

Collegues I am dealing with raw text files which is extracted from web pages. I have to find sentances which contains more than 99 words and have to put a "." after the 99th or 98 th word . Is there any possiblity to it in sed or awk With regards Jaganadh.H (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help With Sed

Hello, I need to use sed to replace a word in file. My command is this: sed "s/word_to_replace/'"${INPUT}"'/1 filename and because INPUT="~@#$%^&*()-_=+{}\|;:<>,./?" and / is also the delimiter so I'm keep on getting error message sed: command garbled: ... any suggestions about how I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help using sed command(very urgent)

Hi all, Actually i want to delete the .ps extension from package1.ps string by using sed. Can any body tell me that how shell i do it????????? It is very urgent. Can anybody help me. I am trying to do this in the following way. ps_file="package1.ps" echo $ps_file sed s/.ps//g $ps_file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
9 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

sed help,,kind of urgent!!

Hello All, My problem is: I want to replace a line from a file with sed. The first word in that line is always the same in every server. The second line is server model, which of course will vary from platform to platform and I need to leave that word as it is. After the second word, I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent solution for simple sed

Hi Im running this command on AIX in ksh. My input file samp1 contains 1 2 123 12345 When I execute the following sed i dont get a matching pattern sed -n '/{1}/p' samp1 Can anyone help me with this simple thing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed help urgent

Hello, I have a file with the follwoing pattern: Input file: =========== tcp://xxx:123 8179 YY 1798 YY tcp://abc:2345 not found tcp://swt:4945 7356 QQ tcp://pqr:456 8178 PP 9485 PP 4485 PP (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: uandme2k2
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help req with grep + sed

HI all, i have a line in a file it cantains one;two_1_10;two_2_10;two_3_10;three~ now i need to get the output as one;two_1_abc_10;two_2_abc_10;two_3_abc_10;three~ ( 1 should be replaced with 1_abc for two__10 , and one more thing the number of occurances of two_value_10 will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Urgent help on awk/sed

Hi, Sample Input Table 1 XXXXX YYYYY A 1 2 3 4 5 B 1 2 3 4 5 C 1 2 3 4 5 D 1 2 3 4 5 A 6 7 B 6 7 C 6 7 D 6 7 Table 2 XXXXX YYYYY E 1 2 3 4 5 F 1 2 3 4 5 E 6 7 F 6 7 Table 3 XXXXX YYYYY G 1 2 3 4 5 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravin
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command error-URGENT

sort.sh ------ ls -lSr|cat -n/*gives the detailed description o files with a serial number concatenated*/ i=0 n=10 j=$n if then while do (sh -C sub.sh $i $j)& ((i++)) ((j--)) done fi if then while do (sh -C sub.sh $i $j)& (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dishak
1 Replies
AnyEvent::Impl::EventLib(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     AnyEvent::Impl::EventLib(3pm)

NAME
AnyEvent::Impl::EventLib - AnyEvent adaptor for Event::Lib SYNOPSIS
use AnyEvent; use Event::Lib; # this module gets loaded automatically as required DESCRIPTION
This module provides transparent support for AnyEvent. You don't have to do anything to make Event work with AnyEvent except by loading Event::Lib before creating the first AnyEvent watcher. Note: the AnyEvent author has not found recent releases of Event::Lib to be even remotely working (not even the examples from the manpage or the testsuite work), so this event backend should be avoided (or somebody should step up and maintain it, hint, hint). The Event::Lib module suffers from the same limitations and bugs as libevent, most notably it kills already-installed watchers on a file descriptor and it is unable to support fork. These are not fatal issues, and are worked-around by this module, but the Event::Lib perl module itself has many additional bugs such as taking references to file handles and callbacks instead of making a copy or freeing still- allocated scalars, causing memory corruption and random crashes. Only Tk rivals it in its brokenness. This adaptor module employs the same workaround around the watcher problems as Tk and should therefore be avoided. (This was done for simplicity, one could in theory work around the problems with lower overhead by managing our own watchers). Event::Lib also leaks file handles and memory and tends to just exit on problems. It also doesn't work around the Windows bug of not signalling TCP connection failures. It also doesn't work with many special devices on Linux (/dev/random works, /dev/urandom fails, /dev/tty works, /dev/null fails and so on). Event::Lib does not support idle watchers. They could be emulated using low-priority timers but as the priority range (and availability) is not queryable nor guaranteed, and the default priority is likely the lowest one, this module cannot use them. Avoid Event::Lib if you can. SEE ALSO
AnyEvent, Event::Lib. AUTHOR
Marc Lehmann <schmorp@schmorp.de> http://anyevent.schmorp.de perl v5.14.2 2012-04-08 AnyEvent::Impl::EventLib(3pm)