Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ascii To Hex
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ascii To Hex Post 20455 by augustinep on Friday 26th of April 2002 01:38:36 PM
Old 04-26-2002
Ascii To Hex

How will I display on screen a UNIX ascii file with its HEX equivalent. I want to check whether 0D 0A is coming at the end of the file which I am generating from UNIX.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting hex to ascii

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows how to change hex code back into ascii. when i process a form: " / " turn to " %2F " " @ " turns to " %40 " " ' " turns to " %27 " " ( " turns to " %28 " " ) " turns to " %29 " this is my code so far: order.txt thanks, primal p.s.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert hex to ascii text

Is there a command to convert hex characters into their respective ascii values? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Hex characters of ascii file

Hi, Whats the command or how do you display the hexadecimal characters of an ascii file. thanks Bud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

4. Linux

source code ASCII to HEx

Is there are any source code in ANSI C to convert ASCII to Hexa decimal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
1 Replies

5. Programming

converaion ASCII to HEX

anyone knows any formulae or flow chart or procedure to convert ASCII characters into HEXA values... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
4 Replies

6. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

7. Programming

ascii to hex

Hello guys, i want to convert a text file to hex and have written this code : int main(int argc, char **argv) { ifstream file; string fileName = "CODEZ"; file.open(fileName.c_str()); // oeffen im Text-Modus if(file) {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingbruce
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting hex to ascii/decimal

I am writing a bash script to do some parsing on a log and I am running into a problem when it comes to converting only certain sections of the file from hex to ascii or hex to decimal. Data Example: The hex values after Hardware and SW Version I need to convert from Hex to ASCII and the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiftkey
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Convert "hex" foldername to "ascii"

So, I have a folder, containing subdirs like this: 52334d50 52365245 524b4450 524f3350 52533950 52535050 52555550 now I want to go ahead and rename all those folder: hex -> ascii (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
8 Replies
oidentd_masq.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					      oidentd_masq.conf(5)

NAME
oidentd_masq.conf - oidentd IP masquerading/NAT configuration file. DESCRIPTION
If you are using IP masquerading or NAT, oidentd can optionally return a username for connections from other machines. Support for this is specified by calling oidentd with the -m (or --masq) flag and by creating an /etc/oidentd_masq.conf file. oidentd can also forward requests for an IP masqueraded connection to the machine from which connection originates by way of the -f option. This will only work if the host to which the connection is forwarded is running oidentd with the -P (proxy) flag, or if the host's ident daemon will return a valid reply regardless of the input supplied by and the address of the host requesting the info (some ident daemons for windows do this, maybe others). FORMAT
<IP Address|Hostname>[/<Mask>] <Ident Response> <System Type> The first field contains the IP address or the hostname of a machine that IP masquerades through the machine on which oidentd runs. The mask parameter can be either a network mask or a mask in CIDR notation. A mask of 24 is equivalent to 255.255.255.0, a mask of 16 is equivalent to 255.255.0.0, etc. The second field specifies the reply that oidentd will return for lookups to the host matching the IP address specified in the first param- eter. The third field specifies the operating system the machine matching the first parameter is running. EXAMPLES
<Host>[/<Mask>] <Ident Response> <System Type> 192.168.1.1 someone UNIX 192.168.1.2 noone WINDOWS 192.168.1.1/32 user1 UNIX 192.168.1.0/24 user3 UNIX 192.168.0.0/16 user4 UNIX somehost user5 UNIX 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 user6 UNIX AUTHOR
Ryan McCabe <ryan@numb.org> http://dev.ojnk.net SEE ALSO
oidentd(8) oidentd.conf(5) version 2.0.8 13 Jul 2003 oidentd_masq.conf(5)