Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Burning Software
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Burning Software Post 20421 by killerserv on Friday 26th of April 2002 01:02:48 AM
Old 04-26-2002
This site is good check it out.
Anyway do tell your H/ware specs for CD Writter. Check this links.

http://www.partnersdata.com/Products...or_cd-r_rw.cfm

and this

http://www.burnworld.com/news/software/0901.htm

Do post back if those links doesnt help much. Perhaps some others have some diffrent combination of ideas. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burning Solaris 8 images

this is probably going to sound really stupid...but how do i burn the Solaris 8 images i got off of Sun's servers? i know youre supposed to burn them in Nero/EasyCD/whatever, but Nero gives me some bullshit about it being an "unrecognized format" and EasyCD wants to burn it as an audio file. do i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burning

Hi, I've been tring to find a burning program for Solaris 7. I haven't had to much luck on this so far. What is a program I can use for burning on solaris 7? Thx in advanced. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Burning?

Hey all, When burning using Solaris 8, the standard command would look something like this; mkisofs -r filename filename.tar | cdrw -i -O But what I want to try and do it burn over the network and was wondering if anyone has done this before. Like a tape drive backup can be run across... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CD-R burning through a cron

Hi all Is it possible to have a cron job to burn a CD of some of my file systems... like a backup? I am running redhat Linux 7.3 and cannot access the machine from the terminal... I am remotely located. Thanks in advance. KS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
5 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Burning ISO of Solaris 9

Hello, This is my first time setting up a Unix system, and I'm very excited to do so, but I'm run into some problems from the get go! I downloaded Solaris 9 (I specifically need this version of Unix, as I'm gunning for a better position in my company), and got a bz2 compressed image. I intend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeet23
3 Replies

6. Solaris

CD burning tool

Im looking for any GUI Based burner to work under sun solaris 10, any ideas > (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
7 Replies

7. Programming

cdrecord frontend for dvd burning

I came across a small script called pyBurn (attached) which is a frontend for cdrecord. But it only burns cd's and doesn't even recognize my dvd-burner. I'm still learning python (very early stages) so I can't do much with it... is it possible to make it burn dvd's too? (I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: el mariachi
0 Replies

8. Linux

CD Burning in Linux, GUI Software

Hi.. I just brought a CD writer. It has nero for windows bundled with it. I found nero very easy to use as well as usefull.. I then see that wht we have in linux.. I found that in my Redhat 9 i have two CD writers software but both are no where nare nero... So is there any GUI based cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
5 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)