Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fragments in Solaris 8
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users fragments in Solaris 8 Post 20391 by manderson19 on Thursday 25th of April 2002 12:08:22 PM
Old 04-25-2002
Thanks

I appreciate the help. I guess I should have followed my instincts in assuming that data IS stored in contiguous data blocks.

thanks to all.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

2. Solaris

ipfilter blocking ip fragments

For some reason ipfilter is blocking inbound fragmented ip packets (the packets are larger than the interface's MTU) that are encapsulating UDP segments. The connection works, so I know ipfilter is letting some traffic through, it is just a lot slower than it should be. Rules that allow the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Solaris 11 Express NAT/Router IP Fragments

Upon replacing my linux router/server with a Solaris one I've noticed very poor network performance. The server itself has no issues connecting to the net, but clients using the server as a router are getting a lot of IP fragments as indicated from some packet sniffing I conducted. Here was my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract fragments from file

I have a .xml file that looks something like this : <measInfo> ......... string1 ......... </measInfo> <measInfo> ...... string2 ........ </measInfo> I want to extract only the 'chunk of file' from '<measInfo>' to '</measInfo>' containing string1 (or a certain string that I... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why the results of these two code fragments are not the same?

Code 1: #!/bin/sh for arg1 in "$@" do counter=0 for arg2 in "$@" do if && then counter=$((counter+1)) continue fi (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnprogrammer
8 Replies
HDFTOPAL(1)						      General Commands Manual						       HDFTOPAL(1)

NAME
hdftopal, paltohdf - convert between a palette in an HDF file and a raw palett e in a non-HDF file SYNOPSIS
hdftopal hdf-pallette-file raw-pallette-file paltohdf raw-pallette-file hdf-pallette-file DESCRIPTION
hdftopal converts a palette in an HDF file to a raw palette in an non-HDF file. The raw palette will have 768 bytes with the first 256 bytes representing red intensity values, the second 256 bytes representing green intensity values, and the third 256 bytes representing blue intensity values. paltohdf performs the converse conversion, from raw palette data to the HDF palette format. The raw palette data must have 768 bytes orga- nized in the following order: first, 256 contiguous red intensity values, then 256 contiguous green intensity values, then 256 contiguous blue intensity values. The palette in the HDF file will have the RGB values pixel-interlaced, as follows: red-value green-value blue-value red-value green-value blue-value... This is the standard HDF format for 8-bit palettes. If an HDF palette format file is specified that doesn't exist, it is created before the converted data is stored. If an HDF palette format file is specified that already exists, the converted data is appended to the file. SEE ALSO
hdf(5) November 6, 1999 HDFTOPAL(1)