Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fragments in Solaris 8
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users fragments in Solaris 8 Post 20391 by manderson19 on Thursday 25th of April 2002 12:08:22 PM
Old 04-25-2002
Thanks

I appreciate the help. I guess I should have followed my instincts in assuming that data IS stored in contiguous data blocks.

thanks to all.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

2. Solaris

ipfilter blocking ip fragments

For some reason ipfilter is blocking inbound fragmented ip packets (the packets are larger than the interface's MTU) that are encapsulating UDP segments. The connection works, so I know ipfilter is letting some traffic through, it is just a lot slower than it should be. Rules that allow the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Solaris 11 Express NAT/Router IP Fragments

Upon replacing my linux router/server with a Solaris one I've noticed very poor network performance. The server itself has no issues connecting to the net, but clients using the server as a router are getting a lot of IP fragments as indicated from some packet sniffing I conducted. Here was my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract fragments from file

I have a .xml file that looks something like this : <measInfo> ......... string1 ......... </measInfo> <measInfo> ...... string2 ........ </measInfo> I want to extract only the 'chunk of file' from '<measInfo>' to '</measInfo>' containing string1 (or a certain string that I... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why the results of these two code fragments are not the same?

Code 1: #!/bin/sh for arg1 in "$@" do counter=0 for arg2 in "$@" do if && then counter=$((counter+1)) continue fi (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnprogrammer
8 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)