Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Measuring System Call Time
Top Forums Programming Measuring System Call Time Post 20275 by Neo on Wednesday 24th of April 2002 12:49:15 AM
Old 04-24-2002

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Fork() system call time?

One more question. How can i calculate the time that system needs to make fork() system call? I need to make it with times function but i really don't know how. :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidoff
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

3. Programming

c system call

How the c compiler differentiates the system calls and function calls? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rangaswamy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

system call

Hi, How to write a system calls in a script ? > cd $HOME > ls -ltr thanks in advance.. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
10 Replies

5. Programming

C:system call

Hi I'm studing the system call. I've written a small program that return the time spent in doing some operations. Now I'd like to write one that return the time spent in user mode of a process. I'm reading that i should use the tms struct: clock_t times(struct tms *buf); struct tms {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

6. Programming

system call

I have a cgi script which is called after certain time interval, which has this: system ("ls -l /tmp/cgic* | grep -v \"cgicsave.env\" | awk '{print $5}'"); During the execution of this script,the output is 0 sometimes. But due to this the system call is not working at all and doesnt o/p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xs2punit
2 Replies

7. Programming

need help with system call

hi everyone i wrote a system call and compiled the kernel succesfully... my system call is in a file in the kernel folder named my_syscall1.c (kernel/my_syscall1.c) the header file for this system call i added it in the folder include like this include/my_syscall1/my_syscall1.h my problem is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: demis87
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

lightweight function for measuring time ( better than clock_getime )

HI I have a Red Hat Enterprise with Real Time kernel. Are you aware if there are C functions for this kernel or some code/library for this OS for measuring time more lightweight than clock_gettime and gettimeofday? THe hardware I have is NUMA. Reading forums I found gethrtime but it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manustone
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

system call

Trying to figure out a load issue with a webserver. I have traced a php script and noticed the following connect(4, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(3306), sin_addr=inet_addr("XX.XX.XX.XX")}, 16) = -1 EINPROGRESS (Operation now in progress) <0.000035> poll(, 1, 2000) = 1 () <0.000120>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan007
5 Replies

10. Solaris

System time and Cron time stamp not matching

On Solaris 10 server the system date won't match with the timestamp on files created by a cron jobs, Please help here is what i get when i check for system date infodba-ie10ux014:/tcpdv1_ie10/tcadmin/bin\n\r-> date Tue Apr 24 15:27:43 GMT 2012at same time i executed a cron job, and checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
4 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)