Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ethernet
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ethernet Post 20211 by at_renai2001 on Tuesday 23rd of April 2002 07:28:28 AM
Old 04-23-2002
Ethernet

We are trying to Establish Network using Linux.Now we are facing the problem in configring Ethernet.In out network we are giving eth0 in server and activating it at the boot time,so it is activating as it is but when we define the Ethernet of node on server and allowing it to activate at boot time then it is not activating.so i want to know that what is the reason behind this and what should i have to do to overcome this problem.When i give the ethernet on nodes seprately then also Linux displays it failed at boot time.Plaese Help Me

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethernet Initialisation

I am using Red Hat 7.1 . I have installed one Server and trying to make network installing workstations on other system of a network. The Ethernet of the server has been mounted and working properly. I am getting problem installing /mounting the Ethernet of the workstations .I have tryed this by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: at_renai2001
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Ethernet sniff.

I suspect that someone is using a sniffer on my Ethernet connection, OS X 10.3.9, DSL, ok, I'm in terminal using the "ifconfig" command > flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST>mtu 16384 right, it's not in "promiscuous mode", but i think it's Trojaned, can anyone point me in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su"do"er
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Virtual Ethernet

I understand that one should setup virtual ethernet adapters in the lpars which is the best way for various lpars to communicate with each other - Does anyone have info on this or can point me to a doc that explains how to set this up? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: capeme
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

ethernet card

What command do I use to show mw the ethernet card, I have tried ipconfig -a (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
1 Replies

5. Solaris

ethernet problem

Boot device: /pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4/fp@0,0/disk@w500000e0103c3391,0:a File and args: SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_108528-29 64-bit Copyright 1983-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. ifconfig: plumb: qfe2: Bad file number configuring IPv4 interfaces: eri0. moving addresses... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fredginting
1 Replies

6. AIX

ethernet down

Hello everyone I have a problem with one server, has Aix 5.3 in the errpt has this message IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION F3931284 0105133009 I H ent0 ETHERNET NETWORK RECOVERY MODE EC0BCCD4 0105133009 T H ent0 ETHERNET DOWN F3931284 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

7. Solaris

ethernet

my solris box network is unreachable how to solve this ipaddress assiagning and entry in vi /etc/host how to solve network is unreachable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

8. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

9. Linux

ethernet bonding

I need to enable Ethernet Bonding on three systems, connected together via switch. What I tried ended up with failure, slaves cannot be detected n added to bon0. Here's what I did: created file /etc/modprobe.d/bonding.d and added the following to it: alias bond0 bonding options bonding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
2 Replies
IL(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     IL(4)

NAME
il - Interlan NI1010 10 Mb/s Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NIL il_controllers # Interlan Ethernet DESCRIPTION
The il interface provides access to a 10 Mb/s Ethernet network through an Interlan 1010 or 1010A controller. Each of the host's network addresses is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl. The il interface employs the address resolution protocol described in arp(4P) to dynamically map between Internet and Ethernet addresses on the local network. The interface normally tries to use a ``trailer'' encapsulation to minimize copying data on input and output. The use of trailers is nego- tiated with ARP. This negotiation may be disabled, on a per-interface basis, by setting the IFF_NOTRAILERS flag with an SIOCSIFFLAGS ioctl. DIAGNOSTICS
il%d: input error. The hardware indicated an error in reading a packet off the cable or an illegally sized packet. il%d: can't handle af%d. The interface was handed a message with addresses formatted in an unsuitable address family; the packet was dropped. il%d: setaddr didn't work. The interface was unable to reprogram its physical ethernet address. This may happen with very early models of the interface. This facility is used only when the controller is not the first network interface configured for XNS. The oldest interface tested (2.7.1.0.1.45) has never failed in this way. The following messages indicate a probable hardware error performing the indicated operation during autoconfiguration or initialization. The status field in the control and status register (the low-order four bits) should indicate the nature of the failure. See the hardware manual for details. il%d: reset failed, csr=%b. il%d: status failed, csr=%b. il%d: hardware diag failed, csr=%b. il%d: verifying setaddr, csr=%b. il%d: stray xmit interrupt, csr=%b. il%d: can't initialize. SEE ALSO
intro(4N), inet(4F), arp(4P) 3rd Berkeley Distribution August 20, 1987 IL(4)