Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new SuSE User
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers new SuSE User Post 2021 by Fabian on Friday 13th of April 2001 01:10:06 PM
Old 04-13-2001
Thanks a lot!
I tray it!
Good by

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

creating user on SUSE Linux

Hi I need to create a user who can have access on only one folder. for example I created a user "test" . he should have access only on folder /testfolder. The problem is that the user will mostly use FileZilla to ftp his files in the testfolder. In the fileZilla , i want him to be... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: SystemEng
21 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hp-UX, SUSE, and AIX LDAP User Script Help

Hi, I have been asked to create a ksh script that will search against an LDAP directory from various HP-UX, SUSE, and AIX 5.3 and 6.1 machines. The objective is to verify the boxes are successfully authenticating users from the LDAP store. This is something I've never done, and I could use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
0 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Password encryption - migration user accounts from SuSe to RedHat

Hello guys, I'm currently working on replacing old server and it's migration from SuSe SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64) VERSION = 10 PATCHLEVEL = 4 to the RedHat Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago) Problem seems be in migration of users passwords,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
2 Replies

4. SuSE

Non root user want to see /var/log/messages - any suse equivalent of Solaris dmesg

Hi New to Suse - mainly used Solaris. In solaris dmesg will also show you contents of messages log file but in Suse Liux it doesnt appear to. I dont have root access to this Suse server, and wondering is there any other tool / utility that allows me to see the messages file contents like on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies
valknut(1)						      General Commands Manual							valknut(1)

NAME
valknut -- Multi-platform direct connect client SYNOPSIS
valknut [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Valknut is a program the uses the Direct Connect protocol. It is compatible with other DC clients, such as the original DC from Neomodus, DC++, and Shakespeer. -c <directory> Lets you specify the path where valknut should find its configuration files. Useful if you want to have multiple configurations, eg. for testing. --check-theme Displays how many themes/styles are available and exits. --disable-backtrace is useful when you have compiled a debug version of valknut. If you want to produce a core file (for a bug report) you have to put this option when launching valknut. --disable-splash Startup splash screen is not shown. --disable-theme Theme support is turned off. Could be useful if buggy themes are making valknut crash. --enable-tray The system tray icon is now controlled from the options dialog, but this option will enable it, ignoring the saved setting. --disable-tray The system tray icon is now controlled from the options dialog, but this option will disable it, ignoring the saved setting. Use- ful if your window manager doesn't support tray icons. --help Show the list of command line options and brief help on what they do. --socketlog <param> Outputs a log of socket data to the file dcsocket.log. Valid values for param are none, send, recv or both. --trayicon Starts the application in tray icon mode, meaning the main window will not be visible. -v verboselevel 1 -vv verboselevel 2 With level 1 you can see every path on create sharelist and with level 2 you see every path and file. Environment Variables: http_proxy If set, the HTTP proxy server to use for downloading public hub lists. Needs to be in the form http://<server>[:port] Keyboard Shortcuts: Ctrl+A Set Away Mode -> Away Ctrl+F Open Users Window Ctrl+N Set Away Mode -> Normal Ctrl+O Open Options Window Ctrl+P Open Spy Window Ctrl+Q Exit Program Ctrl+S Open Hub Search Window Ctrl+T Open Transfer List Drawer Ctrl+U Open Hub List Window This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program did not have a manual page. SEE ALSO
none AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Pasi Savilaakso pasi.savilaakso@pp.inet.fi for the Debian system (but may be used by others) with help of Andrew Greig. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back- Cover Texts. valknut(1)