Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCO 5.0.5 Error - Requiging Restart. Post 20203 by Cameron on Tuesday 23rd of April 2002 03:48:41 AM
Old 04-23-2002
Question SCO 5.0.5 Error - Requiring Restart.

Came into work Monday afternoon (AEST) and walking into this ...

CPU 4 WARNING : TABLE_GROW - mblock table page limit of 500 pages (NSTRPAGES) exceeded by 1 page
CPU 4 WARNING : STRD - cannot grow STREAMS message header table
PANIC : SVIRTOPHYS - page not present
Unable to freeze processor 2, proceeding
Unable to freeze processor 4, proceeding
Cannot Dump 130968 pages to DUMPDEV HD (1/41) space for only 128000 pages.

It required the system to be restarted (7min down time), however I need to know what was the cause and how to prevent it for the future.

I'm an admin-in-training, so I'm still learning the ropes quite a bit.

Any assistance appreciated.

Last edited by Cameron; 04-23-2002 at 05:55 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIX error 6, HELP

I have a system here running "SCO UNIX System V/386, Release 3.2" I'm not sure if someone has changed anything, but all of the sudden I get constant scrolling errors... "*** /etc/getty ttyr006 m (CURRENT TIME/DATE): Cannot open line ttyr006: No such device or address (error 6)" this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP - Sco Unix to ProFTPD Error

First off I did try google for help on this topic, didn't really find anything. When I try to ftp from my SCO Unix box (SCO_SV servername 3.2 5.0.5 i386) to a proFTPD server within my company I get this error Connected to 10.?.?.?. 220 ProFTPD Server ftp.hostname.com Name (10.?.?.?:root):... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whegra
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error during Sco Unix boot

Hi friends, i am getting the following error while booting my system which has SCo UNIX . ========================= H iinit PANIC: srmountfun-Error 22 mounting of rootdev hd(1/42) cannot dump 40863 pages to dempdev hd(1/41) : Space for only 0 pages. Dump not completed. safe to power off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

4. SCO

SCO Error message

Could you please explain what are those errors and how to fix 1. Unmount file system and run full fsck 2. dspmsg: could not execute command printf: No such file or directory (error 2) I tried printf on SCO Open server 5.0.7 and it works, so which system file in charge for alias printf ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unixware 7.1.4 Network Adapter Error

Hi All I P2Vd a Unixware 7.1.4 box with VMWare Vsphere. I try to add a network adapter under Network Configuration Manager and it comes up with the error attached. I've added a virtual adapter using the "E1000" option. It detects both the AMD PCI NET and E1000 virtual adapters under Network... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flashinwrx
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running restart script -

Hi All I have written below basic restart script but it is giving me the following error - error - syntax error at line 40 : `else' is not matched . below is the script can someone assist me what i am doing wrong - #!/bin/ksh cd bin . ./set_sysm sleep 60 ./swstop -f 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: honey26
1 Replies

7. SCO

SCO 506 error Socket: All ports in use

Hello there . I have a unix box 5.0.06 , this is the error (Socket: All ports in use ). Can anyone tellme how to resolve this problem.:( Thanks a lot . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: YDO
4 Replies

8. SCO

Sco UNIXware 7.1.4 error in booting

Hello Dears, I have fujitsu tx300 S7 server with installed sco unixware 7.1.4, Now the /etc is corrupted and the sco cannot boot. There is no emergency disk or cd, I'm trying to fix this with reinstalling unixware again, but the problem now that when i try to install the HBA driver that i... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: amr ibrahim
26 Replies

9. Red Hat

Error Restart apache

Hi Im apache service restart Error $ service httpd reload Reloading httpd: service httpd reload Reloading httpd: service httpd start Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address :80 (98)Address already in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnnn
1 Replies
PSRSET(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 PSRSET(8)

NAME
psrset -- control processor sets SYNOPSIS
psrset [setid ...] psrset -a setid cpuid ... psrset -b setid pid ... psrset -c [cpuid ...] psrset -d setid psrset -e setid command psrset -i [setid ...] psrset -p psrset -r cpuid ... psrset -u pid ... DESCRIPTION
The psrset command can be used to control and inspect processor sets. The system always contains at least one processor set: the default set. The default set must contain at least one online processor (CPU) at all times. Available options: -a Assign one or more processors (CPUs) to the set setid. In the current implementation, a CPU may only be present in one set. CPU IDs are as reported and used by the cpuctl(8) command. -b Bind one or more processes to the set setid. All LWPs within the processes will be affected. Bindings are inherited when new LWPs or processes are forked. However, setting a new binding on a parent process does not affect the bindings of its existing child pro- cesses. -c Create a new processor set. If successful, the ID of the new set will be printed. If a list of CPU IDs is provided, those CPUs will be assigned to the set upon creation. Otherwise, the set will be created empty. -d Delete the processor set specified by setid. Any LWPs bound to the set will be re-bound to the default processor set. -e Execute a command within the processor set specified by setid. -i List all processor sets. For each set, print the member CPUs. If psrset is run without any options, it behaves as if -i were given. -p List all CPUs. For each CPU, print the associated processor set. -r Remove a CPU from its current set, and return it back to the default processor set. -u Bind the specified processes to the system default processor set. SEE ALSO
pset(3), cpuctl(8), schedctl(8) HISTORY
The psrset command first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
September 23, 2008 BSD