Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new SuSE User
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers new SuSE User Post 2017 by Neo on Friday 13th of April 2001 12:24:35 PM
Old 04-13-2001
CPU & Memory

PHP is normally installed with Apache so you can use with your Web server. Also, you will need MySQL if you plan on doing cool web apps.

So, get a good book on PHP. Search the forums for the suggested book on PHP Professional Programming. This text covered PHP, Apache and MySQL installation, etc.

BTW: Your English is much better than our German. Great job! You speak just fine Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

creating user on SUSE Linux

Hi I need to create a user who can have access on only one folder. for example I created a user "test" . he should have access only on folder /testfolder. The problem is that the user will mostly use FileZilla to ftp his files in the testfolder. In the fileZilla , i want him to be... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: SystemEng
21 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hp-UX, SUSE, and AIX LDAP User Script Help

Hi, I have been asked to create a ksh script that will search against an LDAP directory from various HP-UX, SUSE, and AIX 5.3 and 6.1 machines. The objective is to verify the boxes are successfully authenticating users from the LDAP store. This is something I've never done, and I could use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
0 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Password encryption - migration user accounts from SuSe to RedHat

Hello guys, I'm currently working on replacing old server and it's migration from SuSe SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64) VERSION = 10 PATCHLEVEL = 4 to the RedHat Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago) Problem seems be in migration of users passwords,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
2 Replies

4. SuSE

Non root user want to see /var/log/messages - any suse equivalent of Solaris dmesg

Hi New to Suse - mainly used Solaris. In solaris dmesg will also show you contents of messages log file but in Suse Liux it doesnt appear to. I dont have root access to this Suse server, and wondering is there any other tool / utility that allows me to see the messages file contents like on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies
VIRTUAL(3)								 1								VIRTUAL(3)

virtual - Perform an Apache sub-request

SYNOPSIS
bool virtual (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
virtual(3) is an Apache-specific function which is similar to <!--#include virtual...--> in mod_include. It performs an Apache sub-request. It is useful for including CGI scripts or .shtml files, or anything else that you would parse through Apache. Note that for a CGI script, the script must generate valid CGI headers. At the minimum that means it must generate a Content-Type header. To run the sub-request, all buffers are terminated and flushed to the browser, pending headers are sent too. This function is supported when PHP is installed as an Apache module or by the NSAPI server module in Netscape/iPlanet/SunONE webservers. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The file that the virtual command will be performed on. RETURN VALUES
Performs the virtual command on success, or returns FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
See apache_note(3) for an example. NOTES
Warning The query string can be passed to the included file but $_GET is copied from the parent script and only $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] is filled with the passed query string. The query string may only be passed when using Apache 2. The requested file will not be listed in the Apache access log. Note Environment variables set in the requested file are not visible to the calling script. Note This function may be used on PHP files. However, it is typically better to use include(3) or require(3) for PHP files. SEE ALSO
apache_note(3). PHP Documentation Group VIRTUAL(3)