Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Open Port 3306 for MySQL connection Post 20128 by gdboling on Monday 22nd of April 2002 09:56:19 AM
Old 04-22-2002
I can access my webserver just fine. It's just accessing the database through an applet is not working. And I think it has something more to do with Apache and less to do with Linux.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the TCP/UDP port of a connection

Hi, Users are connecting thru a KCML Client to UNIX machine, and I want to know which TCP/UDP port that client uses? How can I check the port of a user logged in? Regards, Tayyab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
2 Replies

2. Programming

Cloning a socket connection, using other port numbers

Hello everybody, I've coded a multi-client server based on internet sockets using the scheme listen on port X-accept-fork, exactly like beej's guide At some point I would like to establish a secondary connection between a client and the server-child serving him. I was considering the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminate a port connection

I have executed a command which has ports that have to be assigned. then I deleted the files. Now I need to reinstall the command. but it says the ports are not free How to terminate the port connections and reinstall in solaris unix ---------- Post updated at 09:07 PM ----------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriki32
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql command after a SSH connection (Script)

Hi all, Im new at scripting and i need to run a few commands at work every hours so i decide to make a script but on 1 of the steps i have a the follwoing problem: The command i do is this: #!/bin/bash ssh root@asdasd001 'mysql -h A-db-1 -uroot -password --execute "show slave status"'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparicio
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

connection to mysql

is there some way i could connect to a remote mysql server from bash script (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: born
7 Replies

7. Linux

IP Tables Add Open Port 3306

Hi, Anyone can help me on how to open a port 3306 on Centos 5 for my localhost (127.0.0.1), currently I have the list iptables -L; Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT) target prot opt source destination RH-Firewall-1-INPUT all -- anywhere anywhere Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT) target prot opt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
7 Replies

8. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

9. Solaris

Ssh Connection refused port 22

Hello everybody, I'm a begginer using Solaris so I really need your help. I'm trying to copy a file using scp from a Red Hat Linux 6 server to an Oracle Solaris 11 machine and all i get is an error "" ssh: connection to host <HOST_IP> port 22: Connection refused lost connection. Thanks for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: limaco82
6 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Blocking 3306 with iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306

Just added these lines to our server firewall: iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306 -s 127.0.0.1 -d 127.0.0.1 -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306 -j DROP Even though mysql is configured to correctly only listen on port 127.0.0.1 we still see these mysql log file notes on a daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
SYSTEM-CONFIG-PRIN(1)						     Man pages						     SYSTEM-CONFIG-PRIN(1)

NAME
system-config-printer-applet - print job manager SYNOPSIS
system-config-printer-applet [--help] [--version] [--debug] DESCRIPTION
system-config-printer-applet is a print job manager for CUPS. Normally it will display a printer icon in the notification area, greyed out when there are no print jobs for the current user. Clicking on the icon displays a simple print job manager for cancelling or reprinting jobs. To save memory, the applet waits first of all until the user has printed a job before putting the icon in the notification area. To invoke the print job manager before a job has been printed, run the applet with the --no-tray-icon option: a desktop file is provided for this, so that it should appear in the system menu. As well as displaying a printer icon in the notification area, the applet also provides a D-BUS server for the com.redhat.PrintDriverSelection interface, to help configure a new printer when it is plugged in. OPTIONS
--help Display a short usage message. --version Display the version of the applet. --debug Show debugging information. AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> Author. system-config-printer 24 Nov 2010 SYSTEM-CONFIG-PRIN(1)