Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Permission Denied when cancel lp job Post 20065 by hugo_perez on Friday 19th of April 2002 02:54:16 PM
Old 04-19-2002
Are you sure that the system's are identical?

the output of showrev an pkginfo are the same?

regards, Hugo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Cron Job... How to cancel it.

Hello, I am sort of new to cron jobs, I have a cron job running everyday that no longer needs to. How do I cancel it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission denied

Hi, I can not execute a .env file $ . /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env -bash: /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env: Permission denied Even if : -rwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 2903 Mar 5 2007 /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env Please help. Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Cancel printer queue permission

How to assign permission for a user to cancel unix printer queue other than root? lprm -P and cancel? How to chmod for /bin/cancel to -rws-x-x --> s means? Please help. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't cancel nohup job

Yesterday I started a nohup job called assoc.sh. It has not finished running, but I have realised a problem with my script, so wish to cancel it, modify and restart it. However, I cannot find the PID, so can't cancel it. I have searched the ps list and nothing resembles my job - how can I cancel... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: polly_falconer
13 Replies

7. HP-UX

i want to cancel printing job

hi every body i used " lpstat -o" to show the printer jobs and i already canceld it by "cancel -e -f jobid" but the problem i found when used " lpstat -o" again it said that job in progress i think because it in the buffer but i don't know how to clear the printer. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
9 Replies

8. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Save cron job get permission denied

After I edit the cron job by using crontab -e and using :wq! to save, i got following error message: "/tmp/crontabxvaarX" 1 line, 60 characters crontab: /tmp/crontabxvaarX: Permission denied Could anyone please help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alex Li
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
lprm(1)                                                             Apple Inc.                                                             lprm(1)

NAME
lprm - cancel print jobs SYNOPSIS
lprm [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -h server[:port] ] [ -P destination[/instance] ] [ - ] [ job ID(s) ] DESCRIPTION
lprm cancels print jobs that have been queued for printing. If no arguments are supplied, the current job on the default destination is cancelled. You can specify one or more job ID numbers to cancel those jobs or use the - option to cancel all jobs. OPTIONS
The lprm command supports the following options: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -P destination[/instance] Specifies the destination printer or class. -U username Specifies an alternate username. -h server[:port] Specifies an alternate server. COMPATIBILITY
The CUPS version of lprm is compatible with the standard Berkeley lprm command. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), lp(1), lpq(1), lpr(1), lpstat(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 28 August 2009 CUPS lprm(1)