Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log file - permission
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Log file - permission Post 20055 by DfctdBwayAdmin on Friday 19th of April 2002 12:47:14 PM
Old 04-19-2002
also if you have permission to read in directory, and write. but not permission to write to file, then you can issue a compress on the file as the other user, when you uncopmress (as other user, it you will have ownership. id s

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

The file permission

there is a directory eg. /home/edp/ , all the files under this directory : 1. the file and directory owner is "user1" , 2. the permission is 644 I want everyone hv permission to overwrite all files and write a new file to it , but I want the file owner and permssion keep unchange , could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Permission

Hi, When I listed one directory in Sun, it showed that : -rwsr-xr-x 1 root bsmbin 78004 Oct 21 2004 bsmprsm I don't know meaning of the character "s" in "rws" above. I have searched in Sun admin documents but no result. Would you please explain it ? :) Thank you so much. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msg098
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

file permission/acl: 2 users with write access on 1 file...

Hello, i need some help/advice on how to solve a particular problem. these are the users: |name | group | ---------- --------------- |boss | department1 | |assistant | department1 | |employee | department1 | |spy | department2 | this is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elzalem
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission on file

i have two user named sourav and jishu. i have created a file named source.txt in sourav. i made another user called shovon. i want to give read write permission of souce.txt for shovon but not for jishu. how can i set permission only for jishu ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourav_ray
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Permission denied in SMF service log

I can't get the exact error message because I am at home, but on Solaris 10u5 machine I have at work, a few services are stuck in the maintenance state with the following error message in the individual service logs (/var/svc/log/FMRI:instance.log): Cannot chdir: permission denied Fortunately... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
2 Replies

6. Solaris

file permission

hi frnds can u explain /etc/shadow file have read and write permissions for root only but while normal user changes his passwd it also updated in that file whats the logic behind that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan ega
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file permission

Hi All, https://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-expert-users/105758-chmod-parent-sub-directories.html I have to change permission for the directories and subdirectories in single command when googled i found some updates but i understand what is switch. If there is a command please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

/var/log/wtmp SuSE log permission rollback

Hello All, On my SuSE system, I have wtmp log this log file permission is 644 but every reboot the file permission rollback to 664. In the logrotate.conf and logrotate.d/wtmp files the wtmp logrotate set to 644. I would like to know, which "file" or "script" modify the wtmp log to rollback to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalaso
7 Replies

9. AIX

Syslog log file permission not getting modified.

I'm trying to set the permission for the syslog log file in syslog,conf. --------- The below is my configuration file ## example: # "mail messages, at debug or higher, go to Log file. File must exist." # "all facilities, at debug and higher, go to console" # "all facilities, at crit or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novaothers
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File permission

Only kernel can write to a directory file. Then what does write permission for a directory imply? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysy
2 Replies
Git::Repository::Plugin::Log(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Git::Repository::Plugin::Log(3pm)

NAME
Git::Repository::Plugin::Log - Add a log() method to Git::Repository SYNOPSIS
# load the plugin use Git::Repository 'Log'; my $r = Git::Repository->new(); # get all log objects my @logs = $r->log(qw( --since=yesterday )); # get an iterator my $iter = $r->log(qw( --since=yesterday )); while ( my $log = $iter->next() ) { ...; } DESCRIPTION
This module adds a new method to "Git::Repository". METHOD
log( @args ) Run "git log" with the given arguments. In scalar context, returns a "Git::Repository::Log::Iterator" object, which can return "Git::Repository::Log" objects on demand. In list context, returns the full list "Git::Repository::Log" objects. Note that this can be very memory-intensive. See Git::Repository::Log::Iterator's documentation for details about how parameters are handled. AUTHOR
Philippe Bruhat (BooK), "<book at cpan.org>" ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Many thanks to Aristotle Pagaltzis who requested a "log()" method in the first place, and for very interesting conversations on the topic. SEE ALSO
Git::Repository::Plugin, Git::Repository::Log::Iterator, Git::Repository::Log. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Philippe Bruhat (BooK). LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-28 Git::Repository::Plugin::Log(3pm)