Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers start windows appl. from unix Post 19965 by llamasrg on Thursday 18th of April 2002 11:45:35 AM
Old 04-18-2002
Java WORD off UNIX

Did you get this to work?
I am in a similar situation where user wants test file for merge into WORD from our database - I have been looking at sending them a text file from an Oracle Form and they can then launch WORD - but no luck yet.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to shut down and start a Windows process

Hi , Good day people. I want to know if i can shut down a particular service that runs in windows from solaris through a script . Scenario : we have a distributed environment where we want to shut down a service that runs under windows through a shell script in solaris , is this kinda action... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivsiv
3 Replies

2. Programming

how to start a c++ exe on unix from windows.

I'm very new to c++ & unix programming. I have a c++ exe that runs on the unix box, but I am trying to write a c++ windows app that executes the program on unix. I have tried execv(), but it doesn't seem to work or I'm doing something wrong. Would really like to see examples if at all possible. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch5082
5 Replies

3. Programming

solaris appl migration: sprintf decimal separator

Hi, I am trying to migrate an application from Solaris to AIX 5.3.1. In both platforms the locale settings are as follows: Result of executing "locale" LANG=C LC_CTYPE="C" LC_NUMERIC="C" LC_TIME="C" LC_COLLATE="C" LC_MONETARY="C" LC_MESSAGES="C" In solaris when you execute this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coldas57
5 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to start a vbs from a windows batch file?

Morning, I'm trying to execute a vbs from a .bat file. Can someone tell me what the difference is between these statements: start c:\lib\runit.vbc c:\lib\runit.vbs When I run the batch with the 'start' parameter it doesn't seem to do anything. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Start windows application (.bat) from Unix

How can I start an application sitting on a windows machine (XP) from Unix shell script (AIX server) ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start powershell with shebang from windows/cygwin/bash?

I would like to the the windws8/cygwin/bash shebang feature to start a powershell script. I do a "chmod +x set-sound.ps1" and then at a bash prompt I do ./set-sound.ps1 The first line of ./set-sound.ps1 #!powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted The result is the result: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Compile krb5-appl 1.0.3 on hpux

asprintf.c: In function 'vasprintf': asprintf.c:58: error: 'SIZE_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function) asprintf.c:58: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once asprintf.c:58: error: for each function it appears in.) Someone know how to fix? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I start a cygwin application from windows 7 command prompt?

I have compiled an application called tmesh.exe, that was compiled for the cygwin, win7 platform. I wonder, if I do that outside X window, Is there a chance that I can run it on the command prompt of windows 7? (tmesh:4048): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: THANKS Jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
3 Replies
ATF-FORMATS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    ATF-FORMATS(5)

NAME
atf-formats -- machine-parseable data formats used by ATF DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the multiple data formats used in ATF. These formats affect configuration files, control files and any data that is externalized or internalized by the tools. Data files are always organized as follows: Header1: Value1 ... | head HeaderN: ValueN / mandatory blank line Free-form text contents ... | body ... / A file must always contain a 'Content-Type' header and must always separate that header from the body with a blank line, even if the body is empty. The 'Content-Type' is always of the form: Content-Type: application/X-atf-<subtype>; version="<version>" where 'subtype' indicates the specific file format and 'version' its format version. This header must be the first one of the file. The main purpose of the 'Content-Type' header, aside from determining the format used in the file, is to allow future changes to a given for- mat. Whenever an incompatible change is made, the version is bumped by one. By keeping the header in the first line, future versions may even remove the need for such a header -- e.g. if some format was replaced by XML files, which have their own mandatory header. The rest of this document details the different format types. Format: application/X-atf-atffile, version: 1 Atffiles are logically divided into three sections: o Test programs: the list of test programs that define the test suite described by the Atffile. o Meta-data properties: these define some constant values applicable to all the test programs defined in the file. In some sense they define the properties that describe the test suite. o Configuration variables: defaults for configuration variables that can be overridden through configuration files or the command line. The grammar for Atffiles is the following: DATA ::= ( ( CONF | PROP | TP )? COMMENT? NEWLINE )* EOF CONF ::= 'conf:' WORD EQUAL STRING PROP ::= 'prop:' WORD EQUAL STRING TP ::= TPFILE | TPGLOB TPFILE ::= 'tp: ' STRING TPGLOB ::= 'tp-glob: ' STRING STRING ::= WORD | '"' WORD* '"' The meaning of the constructions above is: CONF Definition of a configuration variable. PROP Definition of a meta-data property. TPFILE Addition of a test program into the test suite. The string is taken literally as the program's name, and this program must exist. TPGLOB Addition of multiple test programs into the test suite. The string is taken as a glob pattern, which may have or not have any matches in the current directory. An example: prop: test-suite = utilities conf: unprivileged-user = nobody tp: t_cp tp: t_mv tp: t_df tp-glob: t_dir_* Format: application/X-atf-config, version: 1 Configuration files are very simple: they only contain a list of variable name/variable value pairs. Their grammar is: DATA ::= ( VAR? COMMENT? NEWLINE )* EOF VAR ::= WORD EQUAL STRING COMMENT ::= HASH WORD* STRING ::= WORD | '"' WORD* '"' An example: # This is the system-wide configuration file for ATF. # The above and this line are comments placed on their own line. var1 = this is a variable value var2 = this is another one # Optional comment at the end. Format: application/X-atf-tps, version: 3 The 'application/X-atf-tps' format multiplexes the standard output, standard error and results output streams from multiple test programs into a single data file. This format is used by atf-run(1) to report the execution of several test programs and is later parsed by atf-report(1) to inform the user of this process. It has the following grammar: DATA ::= INFO* TPS-COUNT TP-STANZA* INFO* EOF INFO ::= 'info' COLON STRING COMMA STRING NEWLINE TPS-COUNT ::= 'tps-count' COLON POSITIVE-NUMBER NEWLINE TP-STANZA ::= TP-START TC-STANZA* TC-END TP-START ::= 'tp-start' COLON TIMESTAMP COMMA STRING COMMA POSITIVE-NUMBER NEWLINE TP-END ::= 'tc-end' COLON TIMESTAMP COMMA STRING (COMMA STRING)? TC-STANZA ::= TC-START (TC-SO | TC-SE)* TC-END TC-START ::= 'tc-start' COLON TIMESTAMP COMMA STRING NEWLINE TC-SO ::= 'tc-so' COLON STRING NEWLINE TC-SE ::= 'tc-se' COLON STRING NEWLINE TC-END ::= 'tc-end' COLON TIMESTAMP COMMA STRING COMMA TCR NEWLINE TCR ::= 'passed' | ('failed' | 'skipped') COMMA STRING TIMESTAMP ::= [0-9]+.[0-9]+ The meaning of the constructions above is: TPS-COUNT Indicates the number of test programs that will be executed. There will be this exact amount of 'TP-STANZA' constructions fol- lowing it. TP-START Indicates the beginning of a test program. This includes the program's name and the amount of test cases that will follow. TP-END Indicates the completion of a test program. This is followed by the program's name and, if the program ended prematurely, an error message indicating the reason of its failure. A successful execution of a test program (regardless of the status of its test cases) must not be accompanied by any reason. TC-START Indicates the beginning of a test case. This is accompanied by the test case's name. TC-SO Contains a text line sent to the standard output stream during the execution of the test case. Leading and trailing space is preserved. TC-SE Contains a text line sent to the standard error stream during the execution of the test case. Leading and trailing space is preserved. TC-END Indicates the completion of a test case. This is accompanied by the test case's name, its result and the reason associated with this result (if applicable). An example: tps-count: 2 tp-start: calculator, 1324318951.838923, 2 tc-start: add, 1324318951.839101 tc-end: add, 1324318951.839500, passed tc-start: subtract, 1324318951.840001 tc-so: 3-2 expected to return 1 but got 0 tc-end: subtract, 1324318952.000123, failed, Calculated an unexpected value tp-end: calculator, 1324318952.002301 tp-start: files, 1, 1324318952.502348 tc-start: copy, 1324318952.508291 tc-se: could not find the cp(1) utility tc-end: copy, 1324318953.203145, skipped tp-end: files, 1324318953.203800 SEE ALSO
atf(7) BSD
December 20, 2011 BSD