Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can I automatically find important files??? Post 19963 by hugo_perez on Thursday 18th of April 2002 11:15:33 AM
Old 04-18-2002
OK. Regards. hugo.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

important. select 10 files each time.

Suppose I have a unix file which contain a lost of 60 files like filename1 filename2 ... .. ... filename60 I want to write a unix script that will pick up first 10 files in first run 10-20 files in 2 run 20-30 files in 3 run 30-40 files in 4 run 40-50 files in 5 run 50-60 files in 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Important finding --- find files greater than 1 MB

as we can find file greater than 1 MB with find command as: find /dir -name '*' -size +1M find /dir/* -name '*' -size +1M but wats its doing is , its finding files only in current directory not in sub-directories. i want files from sub-directories too. Please help... Thanx in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj_dahiya22
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files automatically

Ok here is my issue. I have processes which will get screwed up and not run because certain log directories wind up filled too much and a directory will have 100,000 files in it. The only way to fix this is to move files out of this directory until the number of files is small enough that the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and automatically chmod

Hello everyone, my friend is asking for yOur Help. He is asking the script for combined find and changemode utility... Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iennetastic
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list of important config files in solaris 10

Hi all, I am going to reitre one solaris 10 server soon. What are the important config files to backup in case if i want to check how this system was setup (need list in general) ? Thanks! in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Moving Files Automatically

I'm looking to find/create a script so that when a download is complete, I can run the script in order for it to automatically move a file such as... 'example.avi' into my videos folder I'm a novice when it comes to scripting, any advice/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Andrew (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: abudis
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log files automatically.

Here is the script I want to run to deleted log files after a certain time: touch /usr/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/apps/RSA/logs find /usr/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/apps/RSA/logs -atime +120 - exec rm -rf {}\; Exerytime I run it, it throws me the error: find: paths must... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lennyz04
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a lot of files in subdirectories automatically

Hi, I have a huge structure of directories and subdirectories contsining some data. The lowest folders contain a file "image.png" which need to be converted to "folder.jpg". But how can I do that for all these files automatically? That's what I alredy have find /path -type f -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KarlKarpfen
1 Replies
prxs(3) 						      PRoFTPD EXtensionS Tool							   prxs(3)

NAME
prxs - proFTPD Extension tool SYNOPSIS
pxrs [options] [actions] mod-custom.c pxrs -c -i -d mod_custom.c prxs -c -i -D USE_CUSTOM -I /path/to/custom/include -L /path/to/custom/lib -l custom mod_custom.c DESCRIPTION
This manual page explains the compailing with prxs prxs is for This program for compile and install third-party modules from source code as DSO modules for your installed proftpd. ACTIONS
The following actions describe the type of operation to be performed: -c, --compile Compiles the listed .c source files into a proftpd DSO module -i, --install Installs a compiled proftpd DSO module into the directory where proftpd expects to find loadable DSO modules. -d, --clean Removes any generated files, returning the build directory to clean state. OPTIONS
The following options describe the type of operation to be performed: -n, --name Tells prxs the name of the module being compiled. By default, prxs determines the module name from the list of .c files listed, expecting to see a "mod_name.c" file. -D key Passes these macros through to the compilation step. -D key=value Note that the space before the key is important. -I includedir Specify additional include file search directories. Note that the space before the directory is important. -L libdir Specify additional library file search directories. Note that the space before the directory is important. -l library Specify additional libraries for linking. Note that the space before the library name is important. AUTHORS
The Proftpd team. See http://www.proftpd.org/ for information. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2009 TJ Saunders <tj@castaglia.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. NOTES
Manual page written for Debian GNU/Linux and/or derivatives by Mahyuddin Susanto <udienz@ubuntu.com>, March 2011 March 11, 2011 prxs(3)