Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Antivirus Programm for Solaris Desktop Post 1996 by S.Vishwanath on Thursday 12th of April 2001 09:32:55 AM
Old 04-12-2001
Hello,

As such I know, I think that there can be no threat about the possible virus attack's for unix flavoured OS's. As there is lot of security check's that has to passed before tampring the System. Till know I have never come across, about virus attack & damage being caused on Unix flavoured OS's. Hence I hope u need not bother about Viruses attack's on Unix Flavoured Technologies OS's.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

antivirus for sun solaris

Hi All , Please i have mail server , sun solaries 7 .. and i want to protect the users mails from viruses . so i want to download an antivirus for this server to protect it against viruses . is there anything for FREEEEEEEE plzzzzz. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm looking for a 64-bit Desktop that will run Windows, Linspire, FreeBSD and Solaris

Ok, I've been shopping around and I've seen some nice one's, but they are either too expensive or they are not 64-bit; I want to be prepared for the future at the right price (under $3,000 with a decent configuration)! :D Where can I find a good 64-bit desktop or workstation that will run the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Nice Guy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embeded programm within programm

Hi, How to embeded programme within perl programme. Shankarao (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarao
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 6 Desktop Troubleshooting

Good Morning People, I wanted to help on users we have that apparently on their desktop their word wrap is automatic. I have looked on their openwin-menu and haven't found anything with word wrap. Would anybody know where to look to change a user's word wrap capability? Let me know, any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 Desktop resolution

I have a problem with solaris 10 desktop resolution. My resolution is 1680x1050. I want to boot in troubleshooting mode to change this resolution for the root user. Or all users. What is the configuration script. ex: .dtconfig/Xconfig (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Is Unix/Solaris 10 ready for professional Desktop need?

There is little or no gaming available without the use of emulation or virtualization. There is no support for Xen in Solaris 10, you will have to Nevada to get that which also means no XP apps unless you can get them to run in Wine. It is unlikely that windows only hardware will be supported. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How can I start Solaris without Graphical Desktop login?

Hi All, Any ideas on how to start Solaris 10 x86 without the Graphical Desktop login? I'm just interested in having the console login (text based) when starting Solaris. Thanks in advance, Daniel (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielsf
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How do I switch from CDE to Java Desktop in Solaris 10?

I am a newbie to Solaris/UNIX. I just installed Solaris 10 and accidentally chose CDE as my desktop instead of Java. How can I set Java Desktop as my desktop? Because before i installed my mechine is using java and more beauty from CDE.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moslemovic
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Antivirus for Solaris 8

Hi- I am looking for a best open source antivirus software for solaris other than clamav. We have been using clamav but it doesnot work on old solaris 8 systems..compiling the clamav and installing it on old solaris 8 systems resulted in system crash.Our business don't have any plan for OS upgrade... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmanknr
3 Replies

10. Solaris

How to install Solaris-desktop?

Hello, I am trying to install solaris desktop in solaris pkg install Solaris-desktop it say insufficient access to complete the required operation privileged user what does this mean? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riteshkakkar
14 Replies
xbill(6)							   Games Manual 							  xbill(6)

NAME
xbill - save your computers from Wingdows [TM] virus SYNOPSIS
xbill [-l level] [--gui gui] [--sizesize] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Ever get the feeling that nothing is going right? You're a sysadmin, and someone's trying to destroy your computers. The little people running around the screen are trying to infect your computers with Wingdows [TM], a virus cleverly designed to resemble a popular operating system. Your objective is to click the mouse on them, ending their potential threat. If one of the people reaches a computer, it will attempt to replace your operating system with the virus it carries. It will then attempt to run off the screen with your vital software. The game ends when only 1 (or 0) of your computers are being productive. Additionally, some computers are connected with network cables. When one computer on a network becomes infected, a spark will be sent down the cable, and will infect the computer on the other end when it reaches there. Clicking the button on one of the little people will cause it to cry out in pain and melt (id software eat your heart out!), dropping the stolen os if it is carrying one. If a computer is running Wingdows or is temporarily off, the os can be dragged back to the computer (or another computer compatible with that os). To extinguish a spark, drag the bucket of water from the upper left corner onto it. The status bar at the bottom tells the following: Number of Bills on/off the screen Number of Computers running their OS/off/Wingdows Level Score OPTIONS
-l n Start at level n. --gui gui Use a specific front end. The possible values are gtk, motif, and athena. Note that some of these may not be compiled into the binary. --size size Play on a field of size x size, instead of the normal 400x400. size must be larger than 400. -v Print version number and exit. -h Print help and exit. When using the GTK gui, all standard GTK options are supported. When using the Athena or Motif GUI, all standard X Intrinsics options are supported. AUTHORS
Main Programmer: Brian Wellington <bwelling@xbill.org> Programming & graphics (v2.0 and earlier): Matias Duarte <matias@hyperimage.com> COPYING
Copyright (c) 1994-2001 Psychosoft It's FREE! If you want to express your undying gratitude to us for bringing a small bit of meaning into your otherwise pointless existence, you could always send us e-mail. XBill is distributed under the GNU General Public License. Go play the game now! Version 2.1 October 2001 xbill(6)