Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: basic networking
Special Forums IP Networking basic networking Post 19896 by shadieshad on Wednesday 17th of April 2002 06:18:20 PM
Old 04-17-2002
yeah if you're running them peer then you don't need a gateway this is problem where your problem lies because the information is being sent to a gateway address that doesn't exist
ip address and the subnet mask should be all you need for these two computers to comm.
if you're gonna use a gateway address the you need a gateway like a router or another box with two nics

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

Basic networking questions.

Hey, I'm new to Linux. I have a few questions about it. I run Slackware. After the installation the Linux installation had problems with my old hardware (network card, sound card) so I removed them and Linux would start. But now, I can't seem to use the network card in Linux because it's not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RellioN
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic networking setup in unix

I have a SunOS 5.8 box and have always downloaded & applied patches via my PC, but I want to be able to go out to sunsolve directly from the console ... however, I guess it doesn't know the IP of our domain's DNS server or something. Where are these setting held on a Sun box??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how ..........networking

hi everyone this is dipendra, i am interested in networking,i know simple socket programming . and now i am wonder to get in to audio socket. i have no clue how to build audio socket.so i am looking if u can provide me a link regarding the audio socket building tutorials. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dipendra_regmi
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

C networking

Can anybody help me regarding networking using c language i know how to capture the packets and to verify it`s protocol destination and source ip etc. Can anybody help me to direct a packet coming to an ip to some other ip of my choice ........ Hope reply ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sannair
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Networking

Hi, I have a question on networking. I will try to ask with an example... Suppose i am googling something, as in searching something in the google page. In this case what I basically want to know is, does the client do a connect evrytime to the server whenever a search is done in google,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naan
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Basic networking please help

I am running Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server editions on two separate VMs. For the desktop I have set network adapters: Adapter 1: internal network called intnet Adapter 2: NAT Server: Adapter 1: internal network called intnet Now I'm suppose to set ip addresses which I'm pretty sure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

Basic networking question

Hii, Today morning I attended an interview, they had showed me the attached image and had few questions about that. The image shows a network with 4 nodes viz.. A B C & D and two switches(layer2) and a router(layer3). Just wanted to know can node A and node D would be on same network e.g... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Networking

hi From mt windows machine I can ping a LINUX machine but there is no arp entry for the same LINUX on my windows. How is it possible and what can I do to add the arp entry as I need it. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies
pbuilder-uml.conf(5)						     pbuilder						      pbuilder-uml.conf(5)

NAME
pbuilder-uml.conf - configuration file for user-mode-linux port of pbuilder DESCRIPTION
/etc/pbuilder/pbuilder-uml.conf contains default values used in pbuilder-user-mode-linux program invocation. FORMAT
MY_ETH0=tuntap,,,192.168.0.2 Configures ethernet setting used for booting linux. See how rootstrap boots your system, and copy that. Specify --eth0=slirp,12345,/usr/bin/slirp-fullbolt to use the slirp connection. UML_IP=192.168.0.3 IP address to use for guest OS. This can be set to dhcp for obtaining IP address through DHCP. UML_NETMASK=255.255.255.0 Guest OS netmask UML_NETWORK=192.168.0.0 Guest OS network UML_BROADCAST=255.255.255.255 Guest OS broadcast UML_GATEWAY=192.168.0.1 Guest OS gateway PBUILDER_UML_IMAGE=${HOME}/uml-image Guest OS file system image. UML_MOUNT_TMPFS=no Whether to mount tmpfs inside the guest image. This is probably mostly useless. BUILDPLACE=${HOME}/tmp/ The location which build will take place. pbuilder-user-mode-linux will place temporary COW files to there. The user running UML needs to be able to access that directory. UML_MEM=128 The amount of memory allowed for UML. Give more value to here. UML_HOSTNAME=uml-host The hostname for the UML. The hostname should be available in /etc/hosts so that hostname -f will be able to return the FQDN. UML_BUILDRESULT=/directory/of/build/result The directory where build result of pbuilder-user-mode-linux is stored. ROOTSTRAP_IMAGESIZE=size-in-megabytes The size, in MB, of the disk iamge to create. Defaults to 1000. NOTES
It is advised to set APTCACHEHARDLINK to no in ~/.pbuilderrc. see pbuilderrc(5) for details. AUTHOR
Initial coding, and main maintenance is done by Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>. The homepage is available at http://pbuilder.alioth.debian.org FILES
/etc/pbuilder/pbuilder-uml.conf, ${HOME}/.pbuilderrc SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/pbuilder/pbuilder-doc.html, pbuilder-user-mode-linux(1), pbuilder(8), pbuilderrc(5), pdebuild(1) Debian 2003 Jan 8 pbuilder-uml.conf(5)