Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crontab
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting crontab Post 19881 by hugo_perez on Wednesday 17th of April 2002 03:08:23 PM
Old 04-17-2002
Another way to try to resolve the problem is to set the environment separately.

1- comment the the linesthe following lines in both scripts:
. /etc/profile
. /.profile

2- if the output of "env |grep -i cv" display lines
insert and export those lines in the .sh (script) following the set -x declaration.

3- Insert the Following to Lines in both scripts
PATH=$PATH:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X/bin:/usr/ucb:/pub/public/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin:/IA/pub/GNU/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin:/opt/ARCHIVE/bin/sparc-sun-solaris2.7:/opt/ARCHIVE/etc/script:/opt/ARCHIVE/etc/script/sqls:/opt/ARCHIVE/etc/script/utils:/opt/ARCHIVE/etc/script/startup:/opt/ARCHIVE/etc/script/shutdown:/opt/ARCHIVE/etc/script/menu:/opt/ARCHIVE/etc/script/perl:/opt/CV/bin/sparc-sun-solaris2.7:/opt/CV/etc/script:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sbin:/export/home/cvaradm/bin:/usr/java/lib:/usr/java1.2/bin:/opt/WV/bin/sparc-sun-solaris2.7:/ora00/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/bin:/ora00/app/oracle/admin/scripts:/ora00/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/bin:/opt/ARCHIVE/masterdb/scripts/stat_rep:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/sbin:/usr/opt/SUNWmd/sbin:/usr/bin/nsr

export PATH

(Similar PATH Definition is in the /.profile)

No surrenders, give him it fights that for sure you will win him.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab

Hi I have a shell script which works fine at the command line and does works in crontab also but does not send the output to mail as other scripts do by default. 10 1 * * * /export/home/test/report_script by default should send the output to mail but the script runs OK and the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about crontab

dear all , does any one now how can i become sure that the crontab that i put was working successfully not by looking for thr result of the sheduled task but from a log for the crontab or something similar and i need to check that the cron i wrote is correct 00 15 * * 0,1,2,3,6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab

How can I run "crontab" (parameters) every 6 hours on solaris machine? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gen4ik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with crontab

i have a ksh script that creates messages in a temp directory and then sends them out using the sendmail command and i'm trying to set it up to run every night with crontab. So the basic gist of the script is #create temp dir and messages ... #loop through each message and send using sendmail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob122480
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab

hi all how to schedule the crontab file in unix? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss4u
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Crontab

Hi All, I've a shell script which calls a Sybase stored procedure to do some functionality. I want to schedule the running of this script by crontab. I'm using Solaris 5.8. When i executed the following command crontab -l i got the output as crontab: can't open your crontab file How... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.abraham
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab help

hi, I run a .sh file using crontab. I need to know the path of the file . Previously when I run the file alone , i used "pwd" but now when using crontab it gives the temp directory of the file. Is there any way I can find the absolute path of the file when i execute it ? Regards, Ranga (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_W213
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help regarding crontab

Dear All jobs are scheduled in crontab . To view this I use crontab -l . But suddenly today I am not able to see any jobs that is being scheduled in crontab. when I type crontab -l , I am seeing nothing.I am not logging through admin user(i dont have it).But I can schedule jobs through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab

I have a crontab entry,but it is not working. Can anybody help me in this regard?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourav_Paul
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at vs crontab

Hi, can someone explain the differences between using the at and crontab commands. When would you use one command over the other? TIA Dom (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domburf69
1 Replies
stl_mi(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 stl_mi(4)

NAME
stl_mi - Software distribution master inventory files DESCRIPTION
Each software product that is distributed as subsets for the setld(8) command has an associated master inventory file. The master inventory file's name consists of the product's unique 3-letter name and a 3-digit version number with the string .mi for a suffix. The master inven- tory file is used by the software kitting program kits(1) in producing software distribution packages. A master inventory file contains one ASCII record, describing vendor-specified attribute information, for each file in the product kit. Each record is composed of three fields which must be separated by TAB characters. The fields are: A 16-bit unsigned integer. Bit 1 is the v (volatility) bit; when it is set, changes to the existing copy of the file can occur during kit installation. It is usually set for log files required by applications. The remaining bits are reserved. Possible values for this field are therefore 0 or 2. The dot-relative (./) pathname of the file described by this record. Each pathname must appear only once in the master inventory file. Pathnames must begin with a period (.). Records must be sorted in ascending ASCII sequence on this field. The name of the subset containing the file. Standard system directories are not included in subsets; they are represented by the keyword RESERVED in place of a subset name. Files that exist in the product hierarchy but are not distributed as part of any subset have a minus sign (-) in this field. Files that share a gnode (links) must all be included in the same subset. EXAMPLES
This example shows a section of the master inventory for a hypothetical layered product kit: 0 . RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100 OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/attr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb.spr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_defaults OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_diag.sed OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/docbld OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/unstamp OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/README.dcb OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/attr.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/dcb.ps OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.5 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/unstamp.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.braces OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.command OATDCB100 . . . RELATED INFORMATION
invcutter(1), kits(1), newinv(1), setld(8) Guide to Preparing Product Kits delim off stl_mi(4)