Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FreeBSD 4.4 Uninstalling KDE or GNOME Post 19872 by hellz on Wednesday 17th of April 2002 01:06:17 PM
Old 04-17-2002
Thanks for the replies Smilie

As for your question, my computer is only a 8 months old. Spec:

P4 1.7ghz
256mb RDRAM
4x DVD
12x CD-RW
19" monitor
64mb nVidia GeForce 3 DDR
Win2k
Intellimouse
102 Keyboard etc.
Lucent WinModem

Mmmm, that's reminded me... I know there are Linux drivers for Lucent modems, but does anyone know if that extends to Unix as well? I'd like to be able to use that modem to connect to the Internet if possible. If not, then I'll just get another. Smilie

Again, thanks for the replies. Smilie

hellz.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE & Gnome, wat is the difference?

i have been reading some atticles but i still do not understand the diferrence btw KDE & Gnome. Someone once told me he prefers Gnome to KDE 'coz of it's audio support & Redhat says ver 7.3 has KDE 3.0 & Gnome 1.4. So could someone explain? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: da_gee
2 Replies

2. BSD

FreeBSD / KDE installation woes...

Forgive the newbie question. I've been trying to install FreeBSD 5.4 on a new AMD64 based box at work today, and I started running into problems. Maybe some background is appropriate? Here goes... I've finished the first stage of development of a model in C++ which simulates airflow through a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ForestryJim
1 Replies

3. Linux

Help:- Just clean installed OpenSUse10 with Gnome, now want KDE

I've just done a brand new full clean install of OPenSUSE 10 and thought I'd take a look at Gnome. Having spent a day playing with it I've decided I prefer the familiarity I have with KDE. How do I now install KDE? I've tried logging off to log back on with a different envionnment but KDE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Actively merge kde 3.x and gnome 2.x menus

ok, here's the scoop, google has similar, but nothing that quite fits the bill. here is what I'm up against: i have a linux system that is running both kde 3.x and gnome 2.x, selectable via gdm. the kde 3.x app menu is heavily modified and i'm looking for a way to import that over to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: macphail
0 Replies

5. Linux

[FC17 x86_64]KDE/Gnome switch

Hi, I've got a Fedora 17 x64 with KDE already running. I want to switch to Gnome, which is installed. How can I do that? Cheers, Chrisdot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
0 Replies
File::Spec::Functions(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				File::Spec::Functions(3pm)

NAME
File::Spec::Functions - portably perform operations on file names SYNOPSIS
use File::Spec::Functions; $x = catfile('a','b'); DESCRIPTION
This module exports convenience functions for all of the class methods provided by File::Spec. For a reference of available functions, please consult File::Spec::Unix, which contains the entire set, and which is inherited by the modules for other platforms. For further information, please see File::Spec::Mac, File::Spec::OS2, File::Spec::Win32, or File::Spec::VMS. Exports The following functions are exported by default. canonpath catdir catfile curdir rootdir updir no_upwards file_name_is_absolute path The following functions are exported only by request. devnull tmpdir splitpath splitdir catpath abs2rel rel2abs case_tolerant All the functions may be imported using the ":ALL" tag. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 by the Perl 5 Porters. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Spec, File::Spec::Unix, File::Spec::Mac, File::Spec::OS2, File::Spec::Win32, File::Spec::VMS, ExtUtils::MakeMaker perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 File::Spec::Functions(3pm)