Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: one question of perl5
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users one question of perl5 Post 19870 by PxT on Wednesday 17th of April 2002 12:57:59 PM
Old 04-17-2002
perl is case sensitive. Change your "If" statements to "if" instead. (lowercase the first letter). Same for "else" and "elseif".

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh script to traul through /usr/lib/perl5 ...

Hey, Im trying to create a script to create a dir-tree of pod converted to html. so far this is the script: #!/bin/sh cd /usr/lib/perl5 for d in ./* ; do # is it a dir? if ; then # yes! get the basename cd $d ; dir=`basename $d` for f in ./* ; do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emcb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question

hi guys.. I'm just wondering, everytime I go to a unix dictionary to get the definition of things such as $ and >& i dont get results back.. could you give me any link that has these simple definitions or could you tell me what $ means? or >&? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hamoudiii
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing perl5

Hi!! I have problems installing perl5 in a Tru64 4.0F enviroment, and i need it to install OpenSSL and OpenSSH to establis a SFTP... I'm installing perl 5.8.8 but an error occurr during make test, i ran ./perl harness and the result is the problem is on op/filetest.t I didn't know what to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One question about ls(1)

Hi, When I see man page of different UNIX commands, I find something like this: ls(1), vi(1) etc. What is meant by (1) here? Can any body pls explain this. Regards, Tayyab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
2 Replies

5. AIX

df question

Hi, Can anyone please explain a little about df command. I have following question: Following example is showing % used as 4 where as total free blocks are 15.46 out of 16.00 MB blocks. df -m /test Filesystem MBblocks Free %Used Iused %Iused ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsabhi9
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2MSB at /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/DynaLoader.pm

We are trying to install our project on solaris 10 x86 machine. we are getting the following error. Can't load '/u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so' for module DBI: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: /u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so: wrong ELF data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagandadi
3 Replies

7. Linux

Installing perl5.14 failed

Hi, While installing perl5.14 on my Linux box its failing with c compiler issue. below is the error message. Use which C compiler? ./trygcc: line 10: cc: command not found Uh-oh, the C compiler 'cc' doesn't seem to be working. ./trygcc: line 25: gcc: command not found ./checkcc:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
11 Replies
TOUPPER(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							TOUPPER(3)

NAME
toupper, tolower - convert letter to upper or lower case SYNOPSIS
#include <ctype.h> int toupper(int c); int tolower(int c); DESCRIPTION
toupper() converts the letter c to upper case, if possible. tolower() converts the letter c to lower case, if possible. If c is not an unsigned char value, or EOF, the behavior of these functions is undefined. RETURN VALUE
The value returned is that of the converted letter, or c if the conversion was not possible. CONFORMING TO
C89, C99, 4.3BSD. BUGS
The details of what constitutes an uppercase or lowercase letter depend on the current locale. For example, the default "C" locale does not know about umlauts, so no conversion is done for them. In some non-English locales, there are lowercase letters with no corresponding uppercase equivalent; the German sharp s is one example. SEE ALSO
isalpha(3), setlocale(3), towlower(3), towupper(3), locale(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
1993-04-04 TOUPPER(3)