Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions File names changed from windows to Solaris Post 19834 by LivinFree on Wednesday 17th of April 2002 05:13:29 AM
Old 04-17-2002
How are you getting the files to the Unix system? Is it via Samba (windows file sharing) by any chance?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changed File Names From CD

Hi All: I'm having a problem with transferring files from a CD to my AIX machine. I don't know if I am using the mount command properly. My problem is that when I take a CD that I have burned on my PC over to my AIX machine, whent the CD is mounted the file names have been changed (a more thorough... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoEagles
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 - HOSTID changed ???

Hello everybody, please , I need an urgent help. I reinstalled our server Sun X4150. What was changed: our two disks were changed to raid1 and I installed a never version of Solaris 10 (previously the version from 12/2009 was used, now a version from 03/2010). what I'm surprised, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeangel
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Date is changed after rebooting Solaris OS.

Hi, I have set the date on solaris system , but the the date is changed after rebooting the system . I was suspecting that it could sync with ntp server , so i disabled the NTP and checked, but still whenever i reboot the system , the date that i set is getting changed, Any idea how to come out... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thavamaniraja
7 Replies

5. Solaris

While copying files from windows to Solaris5.8 with filezilla length of the filename changed

Hello I am copying a tar from windows7 to Solaris with filezilla i could see, some characters in the name of the file get deleted. I could see only substring of the filename eg: original filename :abcdefghijklmnopqrstu.h i can see like abcdefghijklm solution to this problem is highly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revathi R
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris static IP changed (non DHCP)

We have 2 solaris 10 t5240 servers with static IP addresses on nxge0 I/F which were rebooted a few days back with a known good config that has been in place for years (for /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname.nxge0, /etc/netmasks, etc) They are not using dhcp. About the same time today, both of their... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdatontodo
7 Replies
NTDBDUMP(8)						    System Administration tools 					       NTDBDUMP(8)

NAME
ntdbdump - tool for printing the contents of an NTDB file SYNOPSIS
ntdbdump [-k keyname] [-e] [-h] {filename} DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. ntdbdump is a very simple utility that 'dumps' the contents of a NTDB (New Trivial DataBase) file to standard output in a human-readable format. This tool can be used when debugging problems with NTDB files. It is intended for those who are somewhat familiar with Samba internals. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -k keyname The -k option restricts dumping to a single key, if found. SEE ALSO
tdbdump(8), ntdbtool(8) VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The ntdbdump man page was written by Rusty Russell, base on the tdbdump man page by Jelmer Vernooij. Samba 4.1 06/17/2014 NTDBDUMP(8)