Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tru64 unix
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers tru64 unix Post 19740 by mmia on Tuesday 16th of April 2002 10:16:07 AM
Old 04-16-2002
run >>> sysman

this is the managment station for tru64

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

tru64 unix

Whick book would I get for dummies learning tru64, ie basics. thankyou (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacl
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MINFLT on a Tru64 Unix OS

Hello: I have a question here, ¿What is the ps parameter MINFLT on a Tru64 Unix OS?, As far as I can know, it just refers to all the page swaps that have failed when accessing to the memory (RAM). If that is true, i would like to explain my case: I have a process that runs continuosly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fco
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unix HP Tru64

Hi experts, I hope someone can help me with these simple tasks as I am new in Unix environment. I need to create a file system for backup purpose, therefore I need to know the commands in Unix. 1) What is the command to check my disk drives to see how much available space is not allocated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help In Compaq Tru64 UNix

Hi, I am new to UNIX. I need help in working with Compaq-UX TRU64 OS. How It work FTP Server? ANd MAil Server? and I have apach pprogram project and it work as HTTP Server. Also I need how can setup a new version of progrm on UNix like mozilla and adobe reader etc........... Thank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svuad
3 Replies

5. Linux

How do cron restart on unix Tru64?

hi all, How do cron restart on unix Tru64? because don't run my cron jobs. few days age it's running fine. I did below steps: 1. cd /usr/sbin 2. cron stop responce: "! Cron is already running. Exiting... Tue Nov 27 14:38:00 2007" 3. cron start responce: "! Cron is already running.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sent mail from unix tru64

hi all, I need send mail from unix tru64 to mymail@domain.com use shell script. i saw result of "man mail", "man mailx" commands on my unix tru64 server, but i don't understand how to sent mail.... Please advice any suggestion or help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tru64-unix

Hello everybody I am new in TRU64 UNIX and i would really appreciate if somebody can help me with some info regarding the classification of the user rights of this OS. The types of user i know from previous experience in HP-UX 11 i is the root user or the superuser, the user admn that is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adak2010
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dd using Digital Unix Tru64

Hi I am posting this in this area because I couldn't find a better place. I am trying to make exact copies of my disk that I use in an old DEC3000. I loaded the one disk then used dd dd if=/dev/rrz0c of=/dev/rrz1c I started this a 6pm last night here in Wales. It is now 2pm the next day,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
4 Replies

9. Solaris

autocomplete Path on UNIX (TRU64)

Hi, i need autocmplete file_name/dir_name by TAB key. I work on UNIX (TRU64) and I just tried to type on .profile this setting: set autolist but it doesn't work. I think it is because this command doesn't belong to this UNIX version (sure it works for example on HP-UX). I need to set it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: D4vid
0 Replies
bttape(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 bttape(8)

NAME
bttape - Bootable Tape Creation utility SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/sysman bttape [-ui cui | gui [-display displayname] ] OPTIONS
Specifies the user interface to be invoked. The choices are: Invokes the command line interface. Invokes the graphical user interface. Specific command line options that will be used to interact. DESCRIPTION
The Bootable Tape Creation utility is used by the system administrator to create a bootable system image, that consists of a standalone kernel and copies of specified file systems. This standalone kernel is known as a miniroot and contains the requirements for a minimal operating system. In the event of a crash recovery, the system administrator can boot and restore file systems from the bootable system image by using the btextract(8) utility. During the creation of the bootable system image, you are prompted for the kernel name, the tape device, and the type of miniroot file sys- tem, that is, a memory file system or disk partition to be used for the bootable tape image. You are also prompted for the pathname of the Miniroot Append file, which lets you specify which additional files or directories should be included in the miniroot. The size of the Miniroot Append file should not exceed 360KB. You are also prompted for the pathname of the File System Backup File which defines which file systems are backed up to tape. Each line of this file specifies one file system by its device name, mount point, and type of file system. The bttape(8) utility provides for the creation and modification of these files. The bttape command has two user interface options: Graphical user interface (GUI) Command line interface (CUI) Online help is available for the bttape application. To get help, select any Help button or use the Help pull-down menu. Running the Graphical User Interface Option: The bttape application can be invoked from: The CDE Application Manager Application Group: System_Admin System Admin SubGroup: Storage_Management To start bttape from the command line, enter: /usr/sbin/sysman bttape -gui Running the Command Line Interface Option: To start the bttape command line interface, enter the following command from the terminal: /usr/sbin/sysman bttape -ui cui [cuioptions] RESTRICTIONS
You must have the appropriate privileges to use this application. FILES
Bootable Tape Creation utility Help Volume Managment interface files User-defined file User-defined file to designate which file systems to back up SEE ALSO
Commands: X(1X), btcreate(8), btextract(8) System Administration bttape(8)