Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking how to use PING command efficiently Post 19718 by hoang on Tuesday 16th of April 2002 04:02:44 AM
Old 04-16-2002
how to use PING command efficiently

Do anyone telle me please how to use PING command to verify connection (TCP/IP) between serveurs.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About ping command

Hi! I have small problem. I want to ping a server and the result shouldn't be printed in the browser window, just become a value. Here you can see the script that I have: <? $command="ping linux.com -t ttl -c1 | tail -1 | awk '{print $4 \" \" $5}'"; $output = system($command);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Papa Deoo
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

About ping command

Hi! I have small problem. I want to ping a server and the result shouldn't be printed in the browser window, just become a value. Here you can see the script that I have: $command="ping linux.com -t ttl -c1 | tail -1 | awk '{print $4 \" \" $5}'"; $output = system($command); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Papa Deoo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

-c option in ping command

What does '-c' mean in ping command? Is this option specific to bash shell? Deepa (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ping command

Hello Everybody: Im the root of the system, I need to grant some limited priviliges user an acess to the ping command so he can ping some IPs with his script. should I add the command to his path?? or what?? Thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to supply the password in a ping command ?

for i in $var; do for j in $var; do if then ssh -x -a "$host_login_name"@${i} ping -c 3 -s 3 ${j} if then printf "Success\n" else printf "Failed\n" fi fi done done Enter your box login... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyrain
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Ping command for windows Box

Hi, I would like to write a script for checking the windows remote server has responding or not from Unix box. 123.34.56.222-- the windows remote server I wrote like: ping 123.34.56.222 PING 123.34.56.222: 64 byte packets 64 bytes from 123.34.56.222: icmp_seq=0. time=8. ms 64... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in PING and traceroute command

i cannot find a usefull ping and traceroute command from TCP to another TCP server with port. I usually do only traceroute IP and ping IP..is that enough? I wanted to check its connectivity to an IP address with port.. example: from ip 1.1.1.1 (TCP port 1234) destination 2.2.2.2 (TCP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

8. AIX

Problem with 'ping' command

Hi All, I'm testing ping command on two servers. A,B,C,D are servers From A-->B: ping -c 3 -p ff -s30720 <B IP-Addres> This works fine. From C-->D: ping -c 3 -p ff -s30720 <D IP-Addres> This is NOT working and 100% packe loss :( But if I use 8700 instead of 30720 for packet size... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saraperu
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on ping command

Hi, I have a list of 500 IP address and need to ping all the IP address. I had written a script to do this and its working if the IP is valid one. If any invalid IP present, the process got hang up. Also I have tried with -c , -I and -w options, its not working. Any one help me on this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rksiva
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Ping command.

Hi, I have a shell script, that has to run in putty for days together. So , I need to keep the network server connection alive and running. The execution of shell script shouldn't be interrupted as it produces undesirable results. Can anyone provide me with a script ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
3 Replies
tcp-environ(5)							File Formats Manual						    tcp-environ(5)

NAME
tcp-environ - TCP-related environment variables DESCRIPTION
The following environment variables describe a TCP connection. They are set up by tcp-env, tcpclient, and tcpserver. Note that TCPLOCAL- HOST, TCPREMOTEHOST, and TCPREMOTEINFO can contain arbitrary characters. PROTO The string TCP. TCPLOCALHOST The domain name of the local host, with uppercase letters converted to lowercase. If there is no currently available domain name for the local IP address, TCPLOCALHOST is not set. TCPLOCALIP The IP address of the local host, in dotted-decimal form. TCPLOCALPORT The local TCP port number, in decimal. TCPREMOTEHOST The domain name of the remote host, with uppercase letters converted to lowercase. If there is no currently available domain name for the remote IP address, TCPREMOTEHOST is not set. TCPREMOTEINFO A connection-specific string, perhaps a username, supplied by the remote host via 931/1413/IDENT/TAP. If the remote host did not sup- ply connection information, TCPREMOTEINFO is not set. TCPREMOTEIP The IP address of the remote host. TCPREMOTEPORT The remote TCP port number. SEE ALSO
tcpclient(1), tcpserver(1), tcp-env(1), tcp(4) tcp-environ(5)