Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Internet Connection
Special Forums IP Networking Unix Internet Connection Post 1968 by kdelph on Tuesday 10th of April 2001 10:55:17 AM
Old 04-10-2001
Question

This address was a great help but it is still not working, when I try and act the changes I have made setting up my IP Address etc. I get this message error cannot act changes things to do :

Executing: \etc\rc3.d\s60lpd start

I have no clue what this means and also when I boot up I get a failed message for

Bringing up interface eth0: Delaying eth0 initialization

[failed]

I'm not sure this must mean my card is not working or set up properly any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks Monkette

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup internet connection

HI.. i was wondering if someone out there can help me setup my internet connection.... i have no clue how to set it up.. could you please tell me step by step how to set it up.. i have a static ip, im using a cable modem to connect. my os is solaris 8. Please email me at lil_souldier@hotmail.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting up internet connection!!

HI unix guru.. i need your help again.. i tring to setup my sun box for internet connection, i am using @home cable service i have 8 pc running different operating systems. every other computer can go online but this sun box for some reason alway give me and error, i enter my ip address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: souldier
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Internet Connection via Lan

I have a sun wokstation running solaris 9 , I want to configuring my lan card to access internet . my IP address : 192.168.144.20 ISP gateway : 192.168.144.1 DNS address : 202.56.250.5 all helps will be appreciated thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: una
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris internet connection

Hi everyone, I just installed Solaris 10 in my PC. However, once I finished installing it, I lost my internet connection. When I switch to windows, the internet can run smoothly. Does anyone know how to set up internet connection in Solaris ? I am so sorry, I am new in UNIX (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqq
7 Replies

5. Linux

setting up internet connection

I'm having fedora core4.I have a ADSL modem and can access through Windows.I tried setting up internet connection in linux using setup command and netconfig,but doesn't work. can anybody help me with the steps in detail.also can i use the same ip address as in windows? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: laddu
7 Replies

6. BSD

Internet connection with PC BSD

Hi friends! :) I have got an Acer laptop. in one of the partion's I have got PC BSD installed. I am new UNIX user coz first I was using Windows, so I am still learning it. I only know few commands, and I find it very interesting. Unfrtunately, when I log into PC BSD, I can't connect to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dubbio123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check Internet connection?

I am using SUSE OS and want to check internet connection... I have tried: ping -c3 google.com The output i have got is: Unknown host google.com does it means that i do not have Internet connection?? Or please help me with any Command to find Internet connection? Thanks for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Internet connection

I got solaris 10 works, but I cannot set up my internet connection. When I ping a website and i open the web browser, it doesn't work. When the installation asked 'Am I in a network?' i answerd 'no'. I think this is my minstake. How can i get Internet, now? I have a ADSL modem (not router).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Sharing internet connection

Hello all, Recently took a dive into Unix using Fedora 12 atm. I have cable modem with DHCP and a linksys 8 port router. With windows I was able to simple use the uplink port and plug each computer into the switch and use the internet connection. Having no luck doing the same in Unix. I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check internet connection?

Hello, I need a simple shell script that returns a value if the system is internet connected and a different value if the system is not connected. Can anyone please help? Thanks Daniele (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcaccount
3 Replies
aoe-interfaces(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 aoe-interfaces(8)

NAME
aoe-interfaces - restrict aoe driver to specified network interfaces SYNOPSIS
aoe-interfaces [dev1] [dev2 ...] aoe-interfaces -c DESCRIPTION
The aoe-interfaces command tells the aoe driver to ignore ATA over Ethernet (AoE) traffic on all but the specified network interfaces. It is analogous to the aoe_iflist module load option. If neither the aoe_iflist module load option nor the aoe-interfaces command are used, the aoe driver will use any network interface for AoE traffic. Using aoe-interfaces to limit AoE to only trusted networks prevents the case where a rogue AoE target appears on a public net- work, diverting data from the legitimate AoE target. Such an imposter target effectively corrupts the data on the legitimate target. If the aoe driver is a module, then calling aoe-interfaces without arguments will display the current interfaces list. If it hasn't been set then the output will be blank. It's good to run the aoe-discover command after setting the AoE interfaces list. OPTIONS
-c The -c flag will clear the interface access list, permitting any interface to be used. EXAMPLE
In this example, the root user on a host named nai loads the aoe module with only eth0 allowable for AoE traffic. After remembering that shelf 7 is on eth3, this sysadmin uses aoe-interfaces to add eth3 to the list of allowable network interfaces and then calls aoe-discover to ask the aoe driver to look for new AoE devices. nai:~# modprobe aoe aoe_iflist="eth0" nai:~# aoe-stat e10.9 eth0 up nai:~# aoe-interfaces eth0 eth3 nai:~# aoe-discover nai:~# aoe-stat e7.0 eth3 up e7.1 eth3 up e7.2 eth3 up e7.3 eth3 up e7.4 eth3 up e7.5 eth3 up e7.6 eth3 up e7.7 eth3 up e7.8 eth3 up e7.9 eth3 up e10.9 eth0 up nai:~# aoe-interfaces eth0 eth3 SEE ALSO
aoe-discover(8), aoe-stat(8), aoetools(8). AUTHOR
Ed L. Cashin (ecashin@coraid.com) aoe-interfaces(8)