Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FreeBSD 4.4 Uninstalling KDE or GNOME Post 19617 by Stormpie on Sunday 14th of April 2002 08:46:57 PM
Old 04-14-2002
go to /usr/ports/ <-- and go to the map of your X system
like kde or gnome

than do make deinstall

don't forget to change your startup file.

greetings

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE & Gnome, wat is the difference?

i have been reading some atticles but i still do not understand the diferrence btw KDE & Gnome. Someone once told me he prefers Gnome to KDE 'coz of it's audio support & Redhat says ver 7.3 has KDE 3.0 & Gnome 1.4. So could someone explain? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: da_gee
2 Replies

2. BSD

FreeBSD / KDE installation woes...

Forgive the newbie question. I've been trying to install FreeBSD 5.4 on a new AMD64 based box at work today, and I started running into problems. Maybe some background is appropriate? Here goes... I've finished the first stage of development of a model in C++ which simulates airflow through a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ForestryJim
1 Replies

3. Linux

Help:- Just clean installed OpenSUse10 with Gnome, now want KDE

I've just done a brand new full clean install of OPenSUSE 10 and thought I'd take a look at Gnome. Having spent a day playing with it I've decided I prefer the familiarity I have with KDE. How do I now install KDE? I've tried logging off to log back on with a different envionnment but KDE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Actively merge kde 3.x and gnome 2.x menus

ok, here's the scoop, google has similar, but nothing that quite fits the bill. here is what I'm up against: i have a linux system that is running both kde 3.x and gnome 2.x, selectable via gdm. the kde 3.x app menu is heavily modified and i'm looking for a way to import that over to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: macphail
0 Replies

5. Linux

[FC17 x86_64]KDE/Gnome switch

Hi, I've got a Fedora 17 x64 with KDE already running. I want to switch to Gnome, which is installed. How can I do that? Cheers, Chrisdot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
0 Replies
PERLFREEBSD(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    PERLFREEBSD(1)

NAME
perlfreebsd - Perl version 5 on FreeBSD systems DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of FreeBSD that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is compiled and/or runs. FreeBSD core dumps from readdir_r with ithreads When perl is configured to use ithreads, it will use re-entrant library calls in preference to non-re-entrant versions. There is a bug in FreeBSD's "readdir_r" function in versions 4.5 and earlier that can cause a SEGV when reading large directories. A patch for FreeBSD libc is available (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/30631 ) which has been integrated into FreeBSD 4.6. $^X doesn't always contain a full path in FreeBSD perl sets $^X where possible to a full path by asking the operating system. On FreeBSD the full path of the perl interpreter is found by using "sysctl" with "KERN_PROC_PATHNAME" if that is supported, else by reading the symlink /proc/curproc/file. FreeBSD 7 and earlier has a bug where either approach sometimes returns an incorrect value (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=35703 ). In these cases perl will fall back to the old behaviour of using C's argv[0] value for $^X. AUTHOR
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>, collating wisdom supplied by Slaven Rezic and Tim Bunce. Please report any errors, updates, or suggestions to perlbug@perl.org. perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 PERLFREEBSD(1)