Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Two Files Created For Every One? Post 19561 by rwb1959 on Friday 12th of April 2002 04:44:05 PM
Old 04-12-2002
The file with the "~" is a backup file created automatically
by vi when you make a change to the original.
Check your vi settings and turn this feature off
if you don't want it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

files created within last 10 mins

Any simple 1 liners to check a directory to see if a file was created within the last 10 mins? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files created by particular user

How i get the all the files created by particular user?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anshu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files created in last 24 hours

I need a script which list the files which is starting with the word heap*** and that is created before past 24 hours.I need the script using find command. please help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display files created on particular date

hi , i am trying to display the files created on a particular date. I have tried using find .-mtime +n but these files are created on november 6th 2007 , so i'm not sure of what the 'n' value should be. And the number of files created on that particular day are more than 5000 so i have to make a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_kv1983
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

files created with different permissions

Hi, Within a SQL file i am calling 5 shell scripts in back ground and redirecting their outputs to different log files in a specific directory. Now when I observed is, the log files are created with different permissions even though i did not do any thing specific. For example in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steria_learner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gzip files as they are created

Hello. I have a scripting query that I am stumped on which I hope you can help with. Basically, I have a ksh script that calls a process to create n number of binary files. These files have a maximum size of 1Gb. The process can write n number of files at once (parallel operation) based on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eisenhorn
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -l all files created between two times

solaris 8 and solaris 10 c shell I have a /local/tmp/ directory that is cleared out every day and files are created in it all day long from 0000 - 2359 (24 hour clock) A new file is created in this directory every couple of minutes. I want a script "rrtime" that takes two arguments hhmm1 and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count todays created files and old files

Hello experts, I used following approach to get listing of all files of remote server. Now I have remote server file information on same server. I am getting listing in the output.txt I want to count today's created files and old files. I want to compare the numbers... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing files that were created at a certain Date

Guys i am having a bit of a trouble finding the creation date of a file. What i have to do is to redirect the output of a command (which i believed was ls -l but this command shows only the Modification time) into a file, which will contain all the files that were created on a certain date, for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimas13
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing the file name and no of records in each files for the files created on a specific day

Hi, I want to display the file names and the record count for the files in the 2nd column for the files created today. i have written the below command which is listing the file names. but while piping the above command to the wc -l command its not working for me. ls -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
5 Replies
Box(3I) 						    InterViews Reference Manual 						   Box(3I)

NAME
Box, HBox, VBox - tile interactors in a box SYNOPSIS
#include <InterViews/box.h> DESCRIPTION
A box is a scene of interactors that are tiled side-by-side in the available space. Interactors are placed left-to-right in a horizontal box, and top-to-bottom in a vertical box. A box will try to stretch or shrink the interactors inside it to fit the available space. The natural size of a box is the sum of its ele- ments along the major axis, and the maximum along its minor axis. A box's stretchability (shrinkability) is the sum of its elements along its major axis and the minimum of its elements along its minor axis. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
HBox(...) VBox(...) Create a new box. Zero to seven interactors may be passed as arguments; the interactors are inserted into the box. void Align(Alignment) Set the alignment mode that the box uses to place elements along the minor axis. The default alignment for an hbox is Bottom; other choices are Top and Center. The default alignment for a vbox is Left; other choices are Right and Center. void Insert(Interactor*) Append an interactor to the box. Components of an hbox (vbox) will appear left-to-right (top-to-bottom) in the order in which they are inserted. void Change(Interactor*) Notify the box that the given interactor's shape has changed. If change propagation is true, the box will modify its own shape to reflect the change and notify its parent. Regardless of propagation, the box will recompute the positions of the component interac- tors and update any that have changed. void Remove(Interactor*) Take an element of out a box. Remove does not cause any immediate change to the other components in the box; the Change operation must be called after one or more Removes to update the component positions. SEE ALSO
Glue(3I), Interactor(3I), Scene(3I), Shape(3I) InterViews 15 June 1987 Box(3I)