Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Open Port 3306 for MySQL connection Post 19554 by gdboling on Friday 12th of April 2002 01:24:22 PM
Old 04-12-2002
Open Port 3306 for MySQL connection

I am needing to "un-block" port 3306 so that I can access MySQL from another PC.

When I installed Mandrake 8.1, I set the security level to high because it is going to be a web server. I believe I have to allow access to my ports now and I do not know the commands to do that.

If anyone could show me an example, that would be great.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the TCP/UDP port of a connection

Hi, Users are connecting thru a KCML Client to UNIX machine, and I want to know which TCP/UDP port that client uses? How can I check the port of a user logged in? Regards, Tayyab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
2 Replies

2. Programming

Cloning a socket connection, using other port numbers

Hello everybody, I've coded a multi-client server based on internet sockets using the scheme listen on port X-accept-fork, exactly like beej's guide At some point I would like to establish a secondary connection between a client and the server-child serving him. I was considering the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminate a port connection

I have executed a command which has ports that have to be assigned. then I deleted the files. Now I need to reinstall the command. but it says the ports are not free How to terminate the port connections and reinstall in solaris unix ---------- Post updated at 09:07 PM ----------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriki32
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql command after a SSH connection (Script)

Hi all, Im new at scripting and i need to run a few commands at work every hours so i decide to make a script but on 1 of the steps i have a the follwoing problem: The command i do is this: #!/bin/bash ssh root@asdasd001 'mysql -h A-db-1 -uroot -password --execute "show slave status"'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparicio
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

connection to mysql

is there some way i could connect to a remote mysql server from bash script (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: born
7 Replies

7. Linux

IP Tables Add Open Port 3306

Hi, Anyone can help me on how to open a port 3306 on Centos 5 for my localhost (127.0.0.1), currently I have the list iptables -L; Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT) target prot opt source destination RH-Firewall-1-INPUT all -- anywhere anywhere Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT) target prot opt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
7 Replies

8. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

9. Solaris

Ssh Connection refused port 22

Hello everybody, I'm a begginer using Solaris so I really need your help. I'm trying to copy a file using scp from a Red Hat Linux 6 server to an Oracle Solaris 11 machine and all i get is an error "" ssh: connection to host <HOST_IP> port 22: Connection refused lost connection. Thanks for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: limaco82
6 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Blocking 3306 with iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306

Just added these lines to our server firewall: iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306 -s 127.0.0.1 -d 127.0.0.1 -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306 -j DROP Even though mysql is configured to correctly only listen on port 127.0.0.1 we still see these mysql log file notes on a daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
YPSERV.CONF(5)							 Reference Manual						    YPSERV.CONF(5)

NAME
ypserv.conf - configuration file for ypserv and rpc.ypxfrd DESCRIPTION
ypserv.conf is an ASCII file which contains some options for ypserv. It also contains a list of rules for special host and map access for ypserv and rpc.ypxfrd. This file will be read by ypserv and rpc.ypxfrd at startup, or when receiving a SIGHUP signal. There is one entry per line. If the line is a option line, the format is: option: <argument> The line for an access rule has the format: host:domain:map:security All rules are tried one by one. If no match is found, access to a map is allowed. Following options exist: files: 30 This option specifies, how many database files should be cached by ypserv. If 0 is specified, caching is disabled. Decreasing this number is only possible, if ypserv is restarted. trusted_master: server When a map is pushed to a slave, the slave normally only accepts updates to existing maps, and then only from the real master. If this option is set on a slave server, new (not yet existing) maps from the host server will be accepted. The default is that no trusted master is set and new maps will not be accepted. Example: trusted_master: ypmaster.example.org slp: [yes|<no>|domain] If this option is enabled and SLP support compiled in, the NIS server registers itself on a SLP server. If the variable is set to domain, an attribute domain with a comma seperated list of supported domainnames is set. Else this attribute will not be set. xfr_check_port: [<yes>|no] With this option enabled, the NIS master server has to run on a priviliged port (< 1024). The default is "yes" (enabled). The field descriptions for the access rule lines are: host IP address. Wildcards are allowed. Examples: 131.234. = 131.234.0.0/255.255.0.0 131.234.214.0/255.255.254.0 domain specifies the domain, for which this rule should be applied. An asterix as wildcard is allowed. map name of the map, or asterisk for all maps. security one of none, port, deny: none always allow access. port allow access if the client request originates from a priviliged port (< 1024). Otherwise do not allow access. deny deny access to this map. You can add /mangle:field to the none or port security keywords. The :field part is optional. It will replace field number field (the default is 2, the password field of the passwd and shadow maps) with the value x for client requests from non-priviliged ports (>= 1024) for the port security keyword and in all cases for the none security keyword. FILES
/etc/ypserv.conf SEE ALSO
ypserv(8), rpc.ypxfrd(8) WARNINGS
The access rules for special maps are no real improvement in security, but they make the life a little bit harder for a potential hacker. BUGS
Solaris clients don't use privileged ports. All security options that depend on privileged ports cause big problems on Solaris clients. AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> YP Server December 2003 YPSERV.CONF(5)