Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Terminal 'Local Echo' lost on Modem Dial-out Post 19529 by mybeat on Friday 12th of April 2002 07:22:49 AM
Old 04-12-2002
MySQL Perderabo You Da Man!

Thanks Perderabo,

setting Half-Duplex on the dialer solved the problem.

Nice one. Your help is much appreciated.

Beatnik Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to subtract 2 hours from 'date' in shell ( /bin/sh ) script ?

I write a sh script that zip and copy to tape all files that older then 2 hours. 1. The way I choose is - touch a file with "now - 2 hours", then use fine with '! -newer' 2. Do you have any other idea to do it ? tnx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yairon
1 Replies

2. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't get my cable modem up

Caldera eDesktop 2.4 - Cable Modem my NIC card has been detected, but funny scenario: #dmesg eth0: RealTek rtl8139 Fast Ethernet at 0x2400, IRQ 0, 00:50:ba:43:a0:ef /*I noticed that it detected the correct module (rtl8139) but I'm using D-Link and not RealTek, which uses the same module.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zorro
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

schedule dial-out different ISP's

Hi, I'm running user ppp on FreeBSD. I have an internet account which gives me the oppertunity to login for free (say €25 a month :)) during specific hours. Outside these hours I pay the normal fee. I also have another ISP which gives me the oppertunity to log in for a reduced fee all times. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hansaplast
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

BELKIN 'F5D5020' 16bit PCMCIA - FreeBSD HOWTO

Hey all, I've bought a few bits from Belkin who seem quite happy to support FreeBSD! Last time I bought a UPS from them and it's still going well :D I saw this on their website that the 16bit PCMCIA card was supported under FreeBSD: http://www.belkin.com/network/F5D5020.html I went to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
0 Replies

8. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

Procmail recipe: blocking 'unsubscribe and opt-out' messages....

Here is a crude procmail recipe that I quickly created (NOT a procmail recipe expert, btw) that has been catching lots of spam (current second after the charset_spam recipe posted earlier): :0B * .*If.you.do.not.wish.to.receive...* more_spam :0B * You.requested.to.receive.this.mailing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies
TXP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    TXP(4)

NAME
txp -- 3Com 3XP Typhoon/Sidewinder (3CR990) Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device txp Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_txp_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The txp interface provides access to the 10Mb/s and 100Mb/s Ethernet networks via the 3Com Typhoon/Sidewinder chipset. Basic Ethernet functions are provided as well as support for vlan(4) tag removal and insertion assistance, receive ip(4), tcp(4), and udp(4) checksum offloading, and transmit ip(4) checksum offloading. There is currently no support for transmit tcp(4) or udp(4) checksum offload- ing, tcp(4) segmentation, nor ipsec(4) acceleration. Each of the host's network addresses is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl(2). The txp interface employs the address resolu- tion protocol described in arp(4) to dynamically map between Internet and Ethernet addresses on the local network. When a txp interface is brought up, by default, it will attempt to auto-negotiate the link speed and duplex mode. The speeds, in order of attempt, are: 100Mb/s Full Duplex, 100Mb/s Half Duplex, 10 Mb/s Full Duplex, and 10 Mb/s Half Duplex. The txp supports several media types, which are selected via the ifconfig(8) command. The supported media types are: media autoselect Attempt to autoselect the media type (default) media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex Use 100baseTX, full duplex media 100baseTX [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 100baseTX, half duplex media 10baseT mediaopt full-duplex Use 10baseT, full duplex media 10baseT [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 10baseT, half duplex HARDWARE
The txp driver supports the following cards: o 3Com 3CR990-TX-95 o 3Com 3CR990-TX-97 o 3Com 3cR990B-TXM o 3Com 3CR990SVR95 o 3Com 3CR990SVR97 o 3Com 3cR990B-SRV SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), inet(4), intro(4), ip(4), miibus(4), tcp(4), udp(4), vlan(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The txp driver first appeared in OpenBSD 2.9. BSD
March 12, 2009 BSD