Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: port 111
Special Forums Cybersecurity port 111 Post 19498 by Stormpie on Thursday 11th of April 2002 08:50:01 PM
Old 04-11-2002
port 111

hi

if i do a portscan on my fbsd box, i got one port that i don't want to see it open
that's port 111, sunrpc, how can i close it?
and also my-sql port 1433 and port 1523 (cichild-lm)

tnx for your help!!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

111.22.31.123:1554, port 1554 defined where?

hi, given this 111.22.31.123:1554, isnt this 1554 defined in /etc/services? i am on aix. and this 1554 is a port? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
7 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sparc11 or 111?

How can I check the architecture version on a sun box? So far I've tried; arch -k which gives sun4u and uname -a which gives SunOS <hostname> 5.8 Generic_108528-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 but nothing which definitively states sparc11 or 111 - any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattd
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
PUSH(8)                                                     BSD System Manager's Manual                                                    PUSH(8)

NAME
push -- fetch mail via POP SYNOPSIS
push [-5 | --krb5] [-v | --verbose] [-f | --fork] [-l | --leave] [--from] [-c | --count] [--headers=headers] [-p port-spec | --port=port-spec] po-box filename DESCRIPTION
push retrieves mail from the post office box po-box, and stores the mail in mbox format in filename. The po-box can have any of the follow- ing formats: 'hostname:username' 'po:hostname:username' 'username@hostname' 'po:username@hostname' 'hostname' 'po:username' If no username is specified, push assumes that it's the same as on the local machine; hostname defaults to the value of the MAILHOST environ- ment variable. Supported options: -5, --krb5 use Kerberos 5 (if compiled with support for Kerberos 5) -f, --fork fork before starting to delete messages -l, --leave don't delete fetched mail --from behave like from. -c, --count first print how many messages and bytes there are. --headers=headers a list of comma-separated headers that should get printed. -p port-spec, --port=port-spec use this port instead of the default 'kpop' or '1109'. The default is to first try Kerberos 5 authentication and then, if that fails, Kerberos 4. ENVIRONMENT
MAILHOST points to the post office, if no other hostname is specified. EXAMPLES
$ push cornfield:roosta ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box tries to fetch mail for the user roosta from the post office at ``cornfield'', and stores the mail in ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box (you are using Gnus, aren't you?) $ push --from -5 havregryn tries to fetch From: lines for current user at post office ``havregryn'' using Kerberos 5. SEE ALSO
from(1), pfrom(1), movemail(8), popper(8) HISTORY
push was written while waiting for movemail to finish getting the mail. HEIMDAL May 31, 1998 HEIMDAL