Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity rlogin or remote access via internet Post 19466 by JeZzTeR on Thursday 11th of April 2002 02:24:27 PM
Old 04-11-2002
PxT took the words outta my mouth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

internet access

I've configured my TCP/IP to have the right protocols to access the internet such as TPC/IP, subnet mask, gateway and dns server but still Im not able to ping anything to the internet. Anybody who has some few good words for me? I need help. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nseal101
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet access via gateway

Internet access via gateway env: RedHat 6.1 Hi, Until now, we used PPP via an ISDN modem to connect our server to the internet. The ISDN ip-up/down scripts in /etc/ppp add ippp0 as the default route. From that point on we can for instance get mail via fetchmail. Now we have a ADSL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet access

Hi everybody, I'd like create a connection (by modem) for my unix workstation. I just have the RS232 port and my modem, no lan connection, and I want to surf the net. How can I setup it? Thanks in advance, Mauro (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mauro
1 Replies

5. SCO

internet access

My SCO box has lost connection to the internet. It sites behind a fire wall and is connected to a local network. What should I check for. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fruiz
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot access internet

Hi Friends,:b: This is venkatesh, i have Intel Dual core PC and installed Solaris 10. I have a problem that i cannot access internet in my PC i don't know either the drivers installed or not. I manually assign ip 192.168.1.7 and if i ping to this it is alive and if i ping for 192.168.1.1 for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1409.venkatesh
4 Replies

7. Solaris

cannot access to internet , help

hi experts i have a sun Enterprise 220 R server with solaris 10 and patches , i configured network card with ip addresses that have access to Internet but i can't be connected :confused: for same informations : root@E220R # ifconfig -a lo0:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can not access internet?

Hi everybody. I've setup SunSolaris 10 on VirtualBox, but when I start Sun, I can connect to the Internet, when I open terminal and type command for list device ethernet: #ifconfig -a just only see loopback lo0 Can help me solve this problem? Thank you very much, ken (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenjingo
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Does my provider limit my internet access or somesites access?

Hi Good Day, i would like to ask for further info about my problems experiencing this evening. Im a PPP0 connection in the internet using 3G located in asia pacific region.i had this problem this evening in my INTERNET connections that there are some sites i can't open example ( Gizmodo.com,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Remote Access vs Local Access

Dear Friends, This is not a problem , it's a course work (UNIX scenario).... As part of it I am searching Remote Attacks and find points as 1. Exploiting a listening service 2. Routing through Unix system that is providing security between 2 or more networks 3. User initiated Remote execution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anespa
1 Replies
RLOGIN(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RLOGIN(1)

NAME
rlogin - remote login SYNOPSIS
rlogin [-8EL] [-e char] [-l username] rhost rhost [-8EL] [-e char] [-l username] DESCRIPTION
Rlogin connects your terminal on the current local host system lhost to the remote host system rhost. Each host has a file /etc/hosts.equiv which contains a list of rhost's with which it shares account names. (The host names must be the standard names as described in rsh(1).) When you rlogin as the same user on an equivalent host, you don't need to give a password. Each user may also have a private equivalence list in a file .rhosts in his login directory. Each line in this file should contain an rhost and a username separated by a space, giving additional cases where logins without passwords are to be permitted. If the originating user is not equivalent to the remote user, then a login and password will be prompted for on the remote machine as in login(1). To avoid some security problems, the .rhosts file must be owned by either the remote user or root. The remote terminal type is the same as your local terminal type (as given in your environment TERM variable). The terminal or window size is also copied to the remote system if the server supports the option, and changes in size are reflected as well. All echoing takes place at the remote site, so that (except for delays) the rlogin is transparent. Flow control via ^S and ^Q and flushing of input and output on interrupts are handled properly. The optional argument -8 allows an eight-bit input data path at all times; otherwise parity bits are stripped except when the remote side's stop and start characters are other than ^S/^Q. The argument -L allows the rlogin session to be run in litout mode. A line of the form ``~.'' disconnects from the remote host, where ``~'' is the escape character. Similarly, the line ``~^Z'' (where ^Z, control-Z, is the suspend character) will suspend the rlogin session. Substitution of the delayed-suspend character (normally ^Y) for the suspend character suspends the send portion of the rlogin, but allows output from the remote system. A different escape character may be specified by the -e option. There is no space separating this option flag and the argument character. With the -E option the escape can be turned off. SEE ALSO
rsh(1), rhosts(5). BUGS
More of the environment should be propagated. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 12, 1986 RLOGIN(1)