Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Anti-Unix site running Unix
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Anti-Unix site running Unix Post 19446 by J.P on Thursday 11th of April 2002 11:34:09 AM
Old 04-11-2002
Question Anti-Unix site running Unix

I just wanted to share this piece of news to all of you, comments are unnecessary Smilie

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-872266.html

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix shell site

Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a unix shell site, that we can access from the local telnet, and that my younger brother can practice? Thank you! AA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalemu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix program example site

Hi, I want to learn unix shell programming. If anyone knows any good site where i can get shell programming qs and ans for my practice ... please suggent. Thanks, Soumya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumya02573
2 Replies

4. Programming

Need best forum site for java (as for unix its unix.com)

Hi All, Can anyone help me for knowing the java best side forums. where i will get a quick responce like here , as i am having lot of question. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Regarding not able to access UNIX.com site

Hello MODs/Admins, Could you please help me here as from last 6 to 7 days I(and checked with my fellow friends too) am not able to access unix.com site at all. It is very very slow, it never loads completely. Even I checked with different people and different computers it results same only,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
NEWS(1) 							   USER COMMANDS							   NEWS(1)

NAME
news - display system news SYNOPSIS
news [-adDeflnpvxs] [[article1] [article2] ..] DESCRIPTION
The news command keeps you informed of news concerning the system. Each news item is contained in a separate file in the /var/lib/sysnews directory. Anyone having write permission to this directory can create a news file. If you run the news command without any flags, it displays every unread file in the /var/lib/sysnews directory. Each file is preceded by an appropriate header. To avoid reporting old news, the news command stores a currency time. The news command con- siders your currency time to be the date the $HOME/.news_time file was last modified. Each time you read the news, the modification time of this file changes to that of the reading. Only news item files posted after this time are considered unread. OPTIONS
-a, --all Display all news, also the already read news. -d, --datestamp Add a date stamp to each article name printed. this can only be used with the -nl flags. -D, --datefmt <fmt> Specify a date format, see the strftime(3) man page for more details. the default format is (%b %d %Y) -f, --newsdir <dir> Read news from an alternate newsdir. -l, --oneperline One article name per line. -n, --names Only show the names of news articles. -p, --page Pipe articles through $PAGER or more(1) if the $PAGER environment variable is not set. -s, --articles Reports the number of news articles. MAINTAINER OPTIONS
-e, --expire # Expire news older than # days. -x, --exclude a,b,c A comma separated list of articles which may not be expired. if a file named .noexpire exists in the /var/lib/sysnews direcory, filenames are read from it also. names in this file may be comma separated, and/or one per line. AUTHOR
Charles, <int@link.xs4all.nl> Linux 18 January 1995 NEWS(1)