Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Version of old?!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Version of old?! Post 19441 by k-lye on Thursday 11th of April 2002 11:11:09 AM
Old 04-11-2002
Unix Version of old?!

Hullo Unix fans. Hoping one of you might be able to give me an indication here...

7 years ago, I was responsible for managing a windows 95 network with a unix server. Problem is I'll be buggered if I can recall what version of unix it was. Can anyone tell me what the standard version of the time might have been?

Smilie

Thanx!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I find Unix Version

I am extremely new here. Someone wants to upgrade off of Unix to Windows 2000 and wants to know if they need to buy new hardware How do I find out what type of Unix they're using? How do I find out the current hardware of the system? (Intel, ..etc) Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomsha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which unix version...

I pulled out my old 386 from the garage and dusted it off, and now i want to install unix on it. The 386 however only has a 104mb HD, and has NO cd rom support. Which if any version of unix would best suite this box? Is installing with floppies my only option? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nefarious
8 Replies

3. Where do I download LINUX & UNIX?

What version of Unix do you use most often?

Just curious... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PxT
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Version

Please post me a command, About how to find UNIX version on our machine. i have tried > WHICH Version it didn't worked though. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kzar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

upgrade unix version

I use HP UNIX 11 now , as I know , the latest version is 11iv2 , ( correct me if i am wrong ) , I hv read the feature of this version , it is 15% performance improved and more secure , if it is truth , I want to upgarde it by myself , but i am too familiar with the OS upgarde , could suggest the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determine Unix Version

Is there a trick to determine the exact version from Unix that one is working with? I would have expected to see it after logon, but all I get are some Copyright-messages... I know it's some HP-UX, but I would like to know the version-number Tnx in advance! Dave (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davegeysemans
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix version?

Hi, I am thinking of buying a computer to learn UNIX. I am familiar with windows but not UNIX. Can someone tell me which version of UNIX should I get installed in my new PC? And how do I start learning UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hana
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which version of UNIX I'm using?

Hello- I know it's UNIX-HP, but I don't know what version. Is there a command that tells me what version I'm running or a file that I need to open to get this information? Thanks, Nomaad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about UNIX? original version?

sorry for my English We'll report about Unix in my school, for Operating Systems subject... with Installation demo.... I'm wondering if System V, which is from original developers AT&T still exist and downloadable? because I cant find it anywhere... then i found out that Solaris, MacOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slowchem
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Migrate unix version 8 to version 9

i have a program writing in PRO C which currently running in unix version 8 tie with oracle 8i, but in the future company gonna migrate this OS to version 9. Anything i have to prepare for my PRO C program to run in unix version 9? or anything would that impact my program couldn't run well? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
2 Replies
file-pr(8)						     GNATS Internal Utilities							file-pr(8)

NAME
file-pr - files incoming problem reports in GNATS database SYNOPSIS
file-pr [ -f file | --file=file ] [ -h | --help ] [ -V | --version ] [ -H host | --host=host ] [ -P port | --port=port ] [ -v user | --user=user ] [ -w password | --passwd=password ] [ -d databasename | --database=databasename ] DESCRIPTION
file-pr files incoming Problem Reports in the GNATS database, sends acknowledgments to approriate parties and logs database activity. file-pr assigns the Problem Report an identification number and then files it in the GNATS database either under the category specified in the Category field of the PR, or under the default category if the Category field is nonexistent or contains an invalid category name. For the default GNATS configuration, the person responsible for that category and the person responsible for the submitter site where the PR originated receive a copy of the PR in its entirety. Optionally, the originator of the PR receives an acknowledgment that the PR ar- rived and was filed OPTIONS
-f file, --filename=file Accept file as input; if this option is not present, standard input is used. -h, --help Display usage summary for file-pr. -V, --version Display version number for file-pr. -d, --database Specifies the database to which the PR is to be submitted. If no database is specified, the database named default is assumed. This option overrides the database specified in the GNATSDB environment variable. GNATS network options: -H, --host Hostname of the GNATS server. -P, --port The port that the GNATS server runs on. -v, --username Username used to log into the GNATS server. -w, --passwd Password used to log into the GNATS server. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The GNATSDB environment variable is used to determine which database to use. For a local database, it contains the name of the database to access. For network access via gnatsd, it contains a colon-separated list of strings that describe the remote database, in the form server:port:databasename:username:password Any of the fields may be omitted, but at least one colon must appear; otherwise, the value is assumed to be the name of a local database. If GNATSDB is not set, it is assumed that the database is local and that its name is default. SEE ALSO
Keeping Track: Managing Messages With GNATS (also installed as the GNU Info file gnats.info) databases(5), dbconfig(5), delete-pr(8), edit-pr(1) file-pr(8), gen-index(8), gnats(7), gnatsd(8), mkcat(8), mkdb(8), pr-edit(8), query- pr(1), queue-pr(8), send-pr(1). COPYING
Copyright (c) 1993, 1999, 2003, Free Software Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are preserved on all copies. Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission notice identical to this one. Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this manual into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions, except that this permission notice may be included in translations approved by the Free Software Foundation instead of in the original English. GNATS
August 2003 file-pr(8)