Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy on Write page faults
Operating Systems HP-UX Copy on Write page faults Post 19377 by Perderabo on Wednesday 10th of April 2002 10:13:34 AM
Old 04-10-2002
Oppps...I have a bug...
change that read to be...
read(fp,&cnt,sizeof(struct vmmeter));

Also, I never said that cnt was the right structure to jibe with vmstat; however, after fixing the bug, it does indeed seem to match vmstat's output fairly closely. It won't be exact since I can't run the two programs simultaneously.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Intransient blocking page faults

Hi, Will anybody tell me what is this 'intransient blocking page faults' in HP-UX, it is in the structure _pst_vminfo in the header file /ust/include/sys/pstat/vm_pstat_body.h? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushaga
4 Replies

2. AIX

High Page Faults

Sorry my poor english In 570 pseries nmon shows excessive page faults, ascents of something more than 30000 Page faults. System: AIX 5.2 ML5 Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER5 Number Of Processors: 2 Processor Clock Speed: 1656 MHz CPU Type: 64-bit Kernel Type: 64-bit Memory Size: 2816 MB ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daviguez
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

write page source to standard output

I'm new to PERL, but I want to take the page source and write it to a file or standard output. I used perl.org as a test website. Here is the script: use strict; use warnings; use LWP::Simple; getprint('http://www.perl.org') or die 'Unable to get page'; exit 0; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wxornot
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to copy contents of a web page

Hi All, Sorry to ask this question and i am not sure whether it is possible. please reply to my question. Thanks in advance. I need a perl script ( or any linux compatible scripts ) to copy the graphical contents of the webpage to a word pad. Say for example, i have a documentation site... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
10 Replies

5. AIX

Lots of page faults and free memory

Hello, I've been reading your forums for quite a while and the great amount of information I find here always come in hand.This time however, I need some specific help... I have a doubt with an AIX server which I'm failing to understand as I'm new to its concept of memory management... ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flpgdt
8 Replies

6. AIX

Lots of page faults on AIX mySQL lpar

Hi, OS = AIX 5.3 Large number of page faults recently start to occure on AIX 5.3 lpar with mysql database installed. I need help in setting AIX OS parameter to solve the paging problem and some guidance on interpreting my stats t Code: # vmstat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crosys
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to write a UNIX man page

I realise that with GNU 'info' a lot of developers become, dare I say it, quite lazy when it comes to providing a well written man page - and some argue they're not needed at all. But I find, in the products that I develop, that man pages are used more often for quick reference, and therefore the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cambridge
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 7.1 high page faults

hi guys i hope you can help me with this situation. i have 2 lpar with aix 7.1 and oracle 11gr2 in grid mode. when i start nmon to check the current system health i notice that page fault are over 3000/s. than i have opened a case with ibm and they say that the problem is not paging nor... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gullio23
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Page faults on OS

Hi guys, I have a zone on a M5000 server running solaris 10. The zone has an SAP application running on it and facing some performance issues. As part of the troubleshooting, I've been recommended to look for any paging on the OS. Please advise how to look for the paging. I've been looking at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy text from web page and add to file

I need help to make a script for Ubuntu to OSCam that copy the text on this website that only contains "C: ip port randomUSERNAME password" and want to exclude the text "C:" and replace the rest with the old in my test.server file. (line 22) device = ip,port (line 23) user =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baxarn
6 Replies
FREEZE_SUPER(9) 						   The Linux VFS						   FREEZE_SUPER(9)

NAME
freeze_super - lock the filesystem and force it into a consistent state SYNOPSIS
int freeze_super(struct super_block * sb); ARGUMENTS
sb the super to lock DESCRIPTION
Syncs the super to make sure the filesystem is consistent and calls the fs's freeze_fs. Subsequent calls to this without first thawing the fs will return -EBUSY. During this function, sb->s_writers.frozen goes through these values: SB_UNFROZEN File system is normal, all writes progress as usual. SB_FREEZE_WRITE The file system is in the process of being frozen. New writes should be blocked, though page faults are still allowed. We wait for all writes to complete and then proceed to the next stage. SB_FREEZE_PAGEFAULT Freezing continues. Now also page faults are blocked but internal fs threads can still modify the filesystem (although they should not dirty new pages or inodes), writeback can run etc. After waiting for all running page faults we sync the filesystem which will clean all dirty pages and inodes (no new dirty pages or inodes can be created when sync is running). SB_FREEZE_FS The file system is frozen. Now all internal sources of fs modification are blocked (e.g. XFS preallocation truncation on inode reclaim). This is usually implemented by blocking new transactions for filesystems that have them and need this additional guard. After all internal writers are finished we call ->freeze_fs to finish filesystem freezing. Then we transition to SB_FREEZE_COMPLETE state. This state is mostly auxiliary for filesystems to verify they do not modify frozen fs. sb->s_writers.frozen is protected by sb->s_umount. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 FREEZE_SUPER(9)