Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Code
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix Code Post 19319 by jacx2 on Tuesday 9th of April 2002 01:14:51 PM
Old 04-09-2002
I was looking for the Linux source code.
Thanks your your help.
I am looking to create a small operating system just as a small hobby.
I will post a message when I feel I have something that is worth showing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

the source code of unix

tha ithela na moy peite an mporo apo kapoy na vro ton pigaio kvdika toy unix se glossa c .efxaristo. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matsoyka
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code page in Unix

Hi, Can someone tell me how do I find the list of comptabile codepages on Linux(suse) , Is it /usr/lib/locale or somewhere else ? I was wandering if someone has expereince in using cycrillic chars (russian) in unix / linux ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Source Code Of Unix

Do you have the source code of UNIX? If yes, can you please send it to me on my email email address deleted For your this help I shall be obliged to you. With Regards rajesh ***phone removed*** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_ranjan26
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unix Code

Hi, My requirement is I have 3 files A B C I need to write the first record of A and then 1st record of B and then 1st record of C to output and then 2nd record of A, 2nd record of B and 2nd record of C and so on to output file through UNIX. Input File -A 1st record----apple 2nd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sree_nivas79
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i get unix source code?

Sir please tell me where can i get source code for some unix kernal and shell also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VIPUL15
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix return code example

Hi, Does anyone here can guide me to understand how is return code works in a parent-child relation with a simple example? I have a request to build the script with return code in a child script, but i want to understand how does child script can return a code to the parent, stated if its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khchong
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

C++ Code migration from HP Unix 11.11 to 11.31

i'm facing some problem to make my source code work in HP Unix 11.31 which works fine in HP Unix 11.11. Recently our unix server is upgraded to HP Unix 11.31, i was able to compile my source code successfully in 11.31 but i see some system call failure and socket failure. is there any steps to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madanxyz
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX exit code 11

We have a batch Unix process that runs during the day and it is getting an exit code 11 from Unix. It finishes a sqlplus step and gets the exit code 11 before it starts the next step. This used to happen once a year and now is happening more often (but not every time the process runs). We have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msol
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unix code need help

How can we see the column names of a table in unix Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilthms97
3 Replies
CREATE_MODULE(2)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						  CREATE_MODULE(2)

NAME
create_module - create a loadable module entry SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/module.h> caddr_t create_module(const char *name, size_t size); DESCRIPTION
Note: This system call is present only in kernels before Linux 2.6. create_module() attempts to create a loadable module entry and reserve the kernel memory that will be needed to hold the module. This sys- tem call requires privilege. RETURN VALUE
On success, returns the kernel address at which the module will reside. On error -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EEXIST A module by that name already exists. EFAULT name is outside the program's accessible address space. EINVAL The requested size is too small even for the module header information. ENOMEM The kernel could not allocate a contiguous block of memory large enough for the module. ENOSYS create_module() is not supported in this version of the kernel (e.g., the kernel is version 2.6 or later). EPERM The caller was not privileged (did not have the CAP_SYS_MODULE capability). VERSIONS
This system call is present on Linux only up until kernel 2.4; it was removed in Linux 2.6. CONFORMING TO
create_module() is Linux-specific. SEE ALSO
delete_module(2), init_module(2), query_module(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2012-10-18 CREATE_MODULE(2)