Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [sos]How to resure my system. Post 19304 by dingxf on Tuesday 9th of April 2002 06:35:25 AM
Old 04-09-2002
Thanx for help
when I run Fsck,,,,,,,my computer can't reponse ..............and I must reset it..how
can i do?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(SOS) Please help !

Does anybody can help me with the definition of "terminal" DTE and DCE in context to Unix ?. This has something to do with devices in Unix. I need it asap. Thank you very much !:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aqua_jan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sos Sos

INPUT---> USER | User1 | DisplayName1 | HomeTown1 | 987654321 | 27-07-1991 | M i want to separate out all the fields of the file which has the format specified above , with the use of awk. I was writing that to the mysql by batch-file. But now there is problem , in databse i have defined the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sos

Dear "expert", I need to know the command syntax to get the last field of the line below using shell or awk. MD5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lee Soon Yau
4 Replies

4. Solaris

sun connect :SOS

hi all, does someone have any information about "sun connect" (like documentation , web site , forums , explanations .....) ? because i will need this software in my job & i don't know how to use it :o (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SOS whit SED

Hello, I know how to get a solution of a filtering problem with AWK, but i need change default field separator by a regular expression. awk -F "xxx" What i want to do is take a stranza as a field, so the field separator must be a EMPTY line. Does anybody how to do that?? a example: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antuan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

file not found (SOS)

Hi, friends, I am new here and also new in Unix. I want your kindly help for now! I cannot run the program vmed on my computer ,that reply the error $ vmed bash: vmed: command not found $ ./vmed ld.so.1: vmed: fatal: libpgplot.so: open failed: No such file or directory Killed as I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wholesome80
12 Replies

7. HP-UX

sos about swpackage AND swinstall

hi all, I just want to make a depot package.All steps: 1. make a psf file # PSF which define the myutil product depot layout_version 1.0 tag ddmi_linux_installer title ddmi_linux_installer # Product definition vendor tag HP title Hewlett-Packard Company product tag... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lb1111830
0 Replies
vparconfig(1M)															    vparconfig(1M)

NAME
vparconfig - specify the partition mode policy, partition CLM policy, and partition ILM policy for the next system boot SYNOPSIS
[mode]] memtype size DESCRIPTION
The command sets the EFI variable that determines the partition mode on Itanium-based systems and then automatically reboots the system. The partition mode policy can be vPars or nPars. In addition, the command sets the partition ILM policy EFI variable (for InterLeaved Memory) and the partition CLM policy EFI variable (for Cell Local Memory). However, the reboot does not happen automatically. The partition ILM policy or partition CLM policy change will only occur when you reboot the system using the command. The default behavior of the command specified without any options is to display the current settings of the partition mode policy, the par- tition ILM policy, and the partition CLM policy. This command is only available at the EFI shell if the vPars depot has been installed on the disk. This command is not supported on PA-RISC platforms. Options and Arguments recognizes the following command line options and arguments: Specifies the partition mode for the next system boot and then automatically reboots the system. The valid values for mode are case-insen- sitive and The system reboots in the following ways: o If mode is then after reboot, the system will be in vPars mode. vPars mode allows you to boot the vPars Monitor and virtual partitions in the next nPartition boot. o If mode is then after reboot, the system will be in nPars mode. In nPars mode you cannot boot the vPars Monitor or virtual partitions. However, you can boot HP-UX as a standalone operating system. o If is specified with no arguments, then the system reboots with the existing mode. memtype size Specifies the desired granularity of Cell Local Memory (CLM) or InterLeaved Memory (ILM) to be set in the appropriate EFI variable for the next reboot. memtype is either or size specifies the desired granularity in megabytes corresponding to memtype. Only a decimal value is allowed to specify the gran- ule size. Displays command line options and arguments. EXAMPLES
Reboot the system to mode. Reboot the system to mode. Set the ILM granularity to 128 MB. Set the CLM granularity to 128 MB. AUTHOR
was developed by the Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
vparenv(1M). Itanium(R)-Based Systems Only vparconfig(1M)