Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix on Mac
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix on Mac Post 19286 by DIEZEL on Monday 8th of April 2002 09:54:58 PM
Old 04-08-2002
Tools Thanx

I appreciate the quick response killerserve.
Thankx again.
/D

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Unix.

Are the Terminal commands used in Mac OS 10.1.3 the same as those found on a real Unix system? if they are, what book would you recommend as a terminal refferance guide? I already have 'The Missing Manual' by O'Reilly, but there ain't much in terms of managing the system via the terminal :( ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAdesign
9 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

unix flavour on mac

I'm quite interested in resusing an old bondi iMac i have as a unix box, and i was wondering what distro people would recomend. I had thought of using BSD/FreeBSD cos thats what osx is based on. I'm doing this as a teaching excercise (for myself) so i'm looking for something achievable rather than... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ora
9 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

mac unix

Can anyone tell me were to download unix software for Mac OS X (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezadea
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac unix

hi, i'm running mac 10.5, and i have a file eg. program after i compiled on the terminal using this command; cc -o program program.c however, i'm unable to see the process hierachy for that program. i tried using "ps -C program -l --forest" and unable to see the tree structure. need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grotesque
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X & UNIX

I just joined the Forum a few days ago! :) I have a mac book and decided to look under the hood. Low and behold, UNIX! To be honest, I know nothing about unix, but I want to learn. I have no real goals as of yet, other than to learn what I can. I do own a few domains hosted by a good company. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fellojello
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Unix on a Mac OS X

Hi. I'm using a Mac computer to perform all my Unix operations. At the moment, I'm employing osascript to interact between windows and don't know whether the same is possible to do it on a BASH shell without calling osascript. If so, I would like to see an example of how to do it. Many thanks in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hresquivelo
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix on mac

Hello, I formated my hard disk and i recovered some videos, but the thing is the videos were in .MOV format and now there are just UNIX executable files, i tried to write at the end of the name the extension but quicktime didn't recognize me the videos, somebody can help me with this problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arielorc
1 Replies
HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)

NAME
hp-search-mac -- HP switch search tool. DESCRIPTION
HP-search-MAC is an util that can query HP switches for their connection table. It then allow you to search for a MAC address and tell you where it is physically connected (best match first). . The functionality is similar to traceroute but on Ethernet level and only for HP switches. USAGE
hp-search-mac [options] [MAC] [...] OPTIONS
hp-search-mac [options] mac [ [options] mac ] [...] options: --dl n Set debug level to n. --help Print this help. --hostname host[=>community] | -h host[=>community] Set a switch name to search. You can also set this in /etc/hp-search-mac.conf or ~/.hp-search-mac.conf. The hash to set is \%switches. Mac: You can use some different formats: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff (hex) ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff (hex) 0.123.0.12.0.12.0 (dec) CONFIGURATION: \%switches: This is a normal perl hash of the form \%switches = ("host" => "community", ...); AUTHOR
Ola Lundqvist <ola@inguza.com> SEE ALSO
snmp-walk(1) snmp-get(1) hp-search-mac Mon Apr 7 21:21:44 CEST 2008 HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)