Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tracing a terminal
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Tracing a terminal Post 19274 by alex blanco on Monday 8th of April 2002 06:24:03 PM
Old 04-08-2002
kind of UNIX

Well sorry I miss the UNIX kind.

Im using SOlaris 7

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracing file modifications

Hello all! Is there a way or a utility to trace any kind of file changes in a particular directory on any UNIX machine? The purpose is that in Unix, there are multiple ways of opening and making changes to a file. But internally, there must be something common (a single pipe, etc.) that is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupta_ca
3 Replies

2. Linux

tracing

hello every one can any one help me out i just want to trace what ever i am doing in linux 8.0 in the text mode to be saved in a text file so that at the end i can see my work what i have do. its just like oracle spool so you can see your work at the end . for example what ever command u gave... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shary
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing in linux

hello every one can any one help me out i just want to trace what ever i am doing in linux 8.0 in the text mode to be saved in a text file so that at the end i can see my work what i have do. its just like oracle spool so you can see your work at the end . for example what ever command u gave... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing processes in shell

Is there a way to have the output from: strace -p 10101 placed in a text file so we can download it and look it over? Thanks Richard (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukndoit
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tracing file installation

Hello, my first post here. I have a script to install a program which runs the user through installation interface offering several options. What I want to do is to trace the possible mistakes during the installation and send them to a logfile. I.e if a user interrupts the installation, I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetreb
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File access tracing

Hello.. Is there anyway to check if some processes are reading one file? Id use inotify, but my kernel is 2.6.9, so it doesnt work. -k- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimmo_
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tracing a function call

Hi I am hoping someone can explain this to me as I am struggling to understand it. I had a problem today with needing to trace a ksh script that was dotting in a function that was writing to stdout. The problem was it was being run in a sub shell and the output was being parsed by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
1 Replies

8. Programming

Ascii vs Pcap tracing

Dear All, Which is better to use ? Ascii or Pcap tracing ? Or are they complementary ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knowledgeSeeker
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get terminal application to launch with a graphical launcher when successful in terminal

I have been having an extremely annoying problem. For the record, I am relatively new at this. I've only been working with unix-based OS's for roughly two years, mostly Xubuntu and some Kali. I am pretty familiar with the BASH language, as that's the default shell for debian. Now, I've made this... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Terminal Output Exactly how it Appears in the Terminal to a New Text File

Hello All, I have a text file containing output from a command that contains lots of escape/control characters that when viewed using vi or view, looks like jibberish. But when viewed using the cat command the output is formatted properly. Is there any way to take the output from the cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies
J0(3)							   BSD Library Functions Manual 						     J0(3)

NAME
j0, j0f, j1, j1f, jn, jnf, y0, y0f, y1, y1f, yn, ynf -- Bessel functions of first and second kind LIBRARY
Math Library (libm, -lm) SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double j0(double x); float j0f(float x); double j1(double x); float j1f(float x); double jn(int n, double x); float jnf(int n, float x); double y0(double x); float y0f(float x); double y1(double x); float y1f(float x); double yn(int n, double x); float ynf(int n, float x); DESCRIPTION
The functions j0(), j0f(), j1() and j1f() compute the Bessel function of the first kind of the order 0 and the order 1, respectively, for the real value x; the functions jn() and jnf() compute the Bessel function of the first kind of the integer order n for the real value x. The functions y0(), y0f(), y1() and y1f() compute the linearly independent Bessel function of the second kind of the order 0 and the order 1, respectively, for the positive integer value x (expressed as a double); the functions yn() and ynf() compute the Bessel function of the second kind for the integer order n for the positive integer value x (expressed as a double). RETURN VALUES
If these functions are successful, the computed value is returned, otherwise the global variable errno is set to EDOM and a reserve operand fault is generated. SEE ALSO
math(3) HISTORY
This set of functions appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. BSD
April 19, 1991 BSD