Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating a header.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating a header. Post 19166 by rooh on Saturday 6th of April 2002 04:41:34 PM
Old 04-06-2002
Hi Jimbo,

Thans for ur suggestion I was successful in doing it.
It worked Thanks a billion.

Thanx.
Rooh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Reading the header of a tar file(posix header)

say i have these many file in a directory named exam. 1)/exam/newfolder/link.txt. 2)/exam/newfolder1/ and i create a tar say exam.tar well the problem is, when i read the tar file i dont find any metadata about the directories,as you cannot create a tar containig empty directories. on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming all header to specific header pattern

Input #HAC0253 EFVHIJHIJEFVTHIJOPKOPKTEFVEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKHIJTTEFVEFVTEFV #BASFS12 EFVEFVHIJEFVEFVTOPKEFVOPKTHIJTTHIJOPK #ACG5115 TEFVEFVOIJEFVHIJHIJOPKOPKHIJHIJTTEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK #ECG5114 IJTOPKHIJEFVOEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK . . Output (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Header & Trailer for bulk volume data file

Hi all, I have a requirement to create a Header &Trailer for a file which is having 20 millions of records. If I use the following method, i think it will take more time. cat "Header"> file1.txt cat Data_File>>file1.txt cat "Trailer">>file1.txt since second CAT command has to read all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a csv file with header in UNIX

I have a flat file that contains dynamic list of variables like a=1 b=2 c=3 . .. z=26 I need to convert the above into a csv file having the format below: a,b,c,..,z 1,2,3,..,26 Please note, I do not want a comma separating the last variable. I tried to refer the post... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkumbhakarna
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate all rows except header, but header should be output as well

Hello There... I have a sample input file .. number:department:amount 125:Market:125.23 126:Hardware store:434.95 127:Video store:7.45 128:Book store:14.32 129:Gasolline:16.10 I will be doing some manipulations on all the records except the header, but the header should always be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating your own Header file in awk

whether it is possible in awk to create your own header file like in C if so someone give me awk equivalent for below one $ cat foo.h int add(int a,int b) { return(a+b); } $ cat main.c #include<stdio.h> #include"foo.h" void main() { int number1=10,number2=10,number3; number3 =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies
sys_attrs_netrain(5)						File Formats Manual					      sys_attrs_netrain(5)

NAME
sys_attrs_netrain - netrain subsystem attributes DESCRIPTION
This reference page lists and describes attributes for the Redundant Array of Independent Network adapters (NetRAIN) (netrain) kernel sub- system. Refer to the sys_attrs(5) reference page for an introduction to the topic of kernel subsystem attributes. A value that enables (1) or disables (0) the logging of NetRAIN debug messages in syslog kern.log file. Do not modify the default setting for this attribute unless instructed to do so by Compaq Computer Corporation support personnel or by patch kit documentation. Default value: 0 (disabled) The number of NetRAIN devices allowed on the system. The first NetRAIN device is nr0. Default value: 128 (devices) Minimum value: 0 Maximum value: 512 The maximum nr device number is nr_maxdev - 1. For example, using the default value of 128, the maximum NetRAIN device number is nr127. The time interval or frequency between successive polls of a dead interface by the Network Interface Failure Finder (NIFF) traffic monitor thread (nifftmt). Default value: 6 (seconds) Minimum value: 0 Maximum value: INT_MAX, or 2 billion The total amount of time for the nifftmt thread routine to declare an interface dead (from the GREEN state to the DEAD state). Default value: 10 (seconds) Minimum value: 0 Maximum value: INT_MAX, or 2 billion The time interval or frequency between successive reads of a NetRAIN interface's counters by the nifftmt thread when the network is operating normally. Default value: 4 (seconds) Minimum value: 0 Maximum value: INT_MAX, or 2 billion SEE ALSO
sys_attrs(5) Network Administration sys_attrs_netrain(5)