Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating a header.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating a header. Post 19125 by rooh on Saturday 6th of April 2002 02:09:57 AM
Old 04-06-2002
Creating a header.

Hi all,

Suppose i wish to have a file which should be something like this:
ROOH20020406080015000003
RLO00220404144142ENG01
RLO00220404123602ENG01
RLO00220404123602ENG02

As u can seeit contains 3 files.

Basically I want the header in the file to be something like this.

here ROOH will remain always(0-3)
20020406080015 (4-17) are YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.
000003(18-23) This a count.

Now my query is basically how do I pad these 0 before 3 .
Morever Tomorrow my count might be 35 or 456 then how can I automate it.

Please help if there is a way to do that.

I am able to get upto 17 and then I get 3.
I have also tried it like this.
TOTAL_FILES=`ls $DESTINATION |wc -l`
COUNT="000000"
FILE_COUNT=0
FILE_COUNT=`expr $FILE_COUNT + $TOTAL_FILES`

But still I get the file_count as 3.

Your help & suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanx
ROOH

Smilie Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Reading the header of a tar file(posix header)

say i have these many file in a directory named exam. 1)/exam/newfolder/link.txt. 2)/exam/newfolder1/ and i create a tar say exam.tar well the problem is, when i read the tar file i dont find any metadata about the directories,as you cannot create a tar containig empty directories. on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming all header to specific header pattern

Input #HAC0253 EFVHIJHIJEFVTHIJOPKOPKTEFVEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKHIJTTEFVEFVTEFV #BASFS12 EFVEFVHIJEFVEFVTOPKEFVOPKTHIJTTHIJOPK #ACG5115 TEFVEFVOIJEFVHIJHIJOPKOPKHIJHIJTTEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK #ECG5114 IJTOPKHIJEFVOEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK . . Output (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Header & Trailer for bulk volume data file

Hi all, I have a requirement to create a Header &Trailer for a file which is having 20 millions of records. If I use the following method, i think it will take more time. cat "Header"> file1.txt cat Data_File>>file1.txt cat "Trailer">>file1.txt since second CAT command has to read all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a csv file with header in UNIX

I have a flat file that contains dynamic list of variables like a=1 b=2 c=3 . .. z=26 I need to convert the above into a csv file having the format below: a,b,c,..,z 1,2,3,..,26 Please note, I do not want a comma separating the last variable. I tried to refer the post... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkumbhakarna
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate all rows except header, but header should be output as well

Hello There... I have a sample input file .. number:department:amount 125:Market:125.23 126:Hardware store:434.95 127:Video store:7.45 128:Book store:14.32 129:Gasolline:16.10 I will be doing some manipulations on all the records except the header, but the header should always be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating your own Header file in awk

whether it is possible in awk to create your own header file like in C if so someone give me awk equivalent for below one $ cat foo.h int add(int a,int b) { return(a+b); } $ cat main.c #include<stdio.h> #include"foo.h" void main() { int number1=10,number2=10,number3; number3 =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies
MONGODBREF(3)								 1							     MONGODBREF(3)

The MongoDBRef class

INTRODUCTION
This class can be used to create lightweight links between objects in different collections. Motivation: Suppose we need to refer to a document in another collection. The easiest way is to create a field in the current document. For example, if we had a "people" collection and an "addresses" collection, we might want to create a link between each person document and an address document: Example #1 Linking documents <?php $people = $db->people; $addresses = $db->addresses; $myAddress = array("line 1" => "123 Main Street", "line 2" => null, "city" => "Springfield", "state" => "Vermont", "country" => "USA"); // save the address $addresses->insert($myAddress); // save a person with a reference to the address $me = array("name" => "Fred", "address" => $myAddress['_id']); $people->insert($me); ?> Then, later on, we can find the person's address by querying the "addresses" collection with the MongoId we saved in the "people" collec- tion. Suppose now that we have a more general case, where we don't know which collection (or even which database) contains the referenced docu- ment. MongoDBRef is a good choice for this case, as it is a common format that all of the drivers and the database understand. If each person had a list of things they liked which could come from multiple collections, such as "hobbies", "sports", "books", etc., we could use MongoDBRefs to keep track of what "like" went with what collection: Example #2 Creating MongoDBRef links <?php $people = $db->selectCollection("people"); // model trains are in the "hobbies" collection $trainRef = MongoDBRef::create("hobbies", $modelTrains['_id']); // soccer is in the "sports" collection $soccerRef = MongoDBRef::create("sports", $soccer['_id']); // now we'll know what collections the items in the "likes" array came from when // we retrieve this document $people->insert(array("name" => "Fred", "likes" => array($trainRef, $soccerRef))); ?> Database references can be thought of as hyperlinks: they give the unique address of another document, but they do not load it or automat- ically follow the link/reference. A database reference is just a normal associative array, not an instance of MongoDBRef, so this class is a little different than the other data type classes. This class contains exclusively static methods for manipulating database references. CLASS SYNOPSIS
MongoDBRef MongoDBRef Methods o publicstatic array MongoDBRef::create (string $collection, mixed $id, [string $database]) o publicstatic array MongoDBRef::get (MongoDB $db, array $ref) o publicstatic bool MongoDBRef::isRef (mixed $ref) SEE ALSO
MongoDB core docs on databases references. PHP Documentation Group MONGODBREF(3)