Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filesystem ??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Filesystem ?? Post 19100 by darthur on Friday 5th of April 2002 02:42:16 PM
Old 04-05-2002
I will give this a try ....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

io by filesystem???

I'm cross-posting from the "Unix for Dummies Q&A" forum as I didn't get any response there. I'm wanting to drill down one level deeper from iostat. For example, for the following iostat output, I'd like to now understand the io for hdisk2 by filesystem: Disks: % tm_act Kbps tps Kb_read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priceb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

io by filesystem??

I'm wanting to drill down one level deeper that iostat. For example, for the following iostat output, I'd like to now understand the io for hdisk2 by filesystem: Disks: % tm_act Kbps tps Kb_read Kb_wrtn hdisk3 4.7 1792.0 80.7 0 5376 hdisk1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: priceb
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem

hi, had a basic question. Inspite of deletion files from a filesystem(belonging to non-rootvg), the filesystem says 99% full. can someone suggest something? except reboot could someone tell me how to proceed? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know about filesystem

HI Gurus, I would like to know how can i know the dates when the filesystem was added to the server. Thanks Shaan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem

i am about to install oracle on my solaris x86-64 This installation require 4Gb space and i qish to do this installation on the directory /u01/app/oracle The following was my approch mkdir -p /u01/app/oracle i then use the command below to see if there is enough space # df -h... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
6 Replies

6. Solaris

filesystem

partition> print Current partition table (original): Total disk cylinders available: 15934 + 2 (reserved cylinders) Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 3 - 959 14.66GB (957/0/0) 30748410 1 swap wu 960 - ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

10. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies
VNDCOMPRESS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					    VNDCOMPRESS(1)

NAME
vndcompress, vnduncompress -- compress/uncompress file system images to/from cloop2 format SYNOPSIS
vndcompress [-cd] disk/fs-image compressed-image [blocksize] vnduncompress [-cd] compressed-image disk/fs-image DESCRIPTION
The vndcompress program compresses an existing file system image into a cloop2 compatible compressed file system image. An optional block- size can be given. If omitted, the default of 64kB is used. The vnduncompress command decompress a cloop2-compressed file system image back into a regular image. The file system images that can be handled are not limited to any specific file system, i.e. it is possible to handle images e.g. in ISO 9660 or UFS/FFS format. File system images in the cloop2 format are intended to be used with the vnd(4) driver in compressed mode as configured by the -z option of the vnconfig(8) program, and later mounted with the appropriate -t option to mount(8). OPTIONS
The following options are available: -c Always compress, even if the program was started as vnduncompress. -d Always uncompress (decompress), even if the program was started as vndcompress. EXIT STATUS
The vndcompress and vnduncompress utilities exit with one of the following values: 0 The operation was performed successfully. 1 An error occurred. EXAMPLES
To compress an existing CD-ROM file system image, run the following commands: # vndcompress netbsd.iso netbsd.izo Note that the resulting compressed image cannot be mounted directly via NetBSD's vnd(4) and mount_cd9660(8) commands any longer. Instead, you will have to use the -z option of vnconfig(8). The following example decompresses an existing CD-ROM file system image that was compressed in the cloop2 format into a regular file that can then be mounted: # vnconfig vnd0 KNOPPIX.iso # mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/vnd0d /mnt # vnduncompress /mnt/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX /var/tmp/knoppix.iso # umount /mnt # vnconfig -u vnd0 # # vnconfig vnd1 /var/tmp/knoppix.iso # mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/vnd1d /mnt # ls /mnt .rr_moved cdrom floppy lib opt sbin usr bin dev home mnt proc sys var boot etc initrd none root tmp vmlinuz # umount /mnt # vnconfig -u vnd1 As an alternative, if your vnd(4) was compiled with VND_COMPRESSION, you can use vnconfig(8) to access the cloop-compressed image directly, e.g., # vnconfig vnd0 KNOPPIX.iso # mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/vnd0d /mnt # vnconfig -z vnd1 /mnt/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX # mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/vnd1d /mnt2 # ls /mnt2 .rr_moved cdrom floppy lib opt sbin usr bin dev home mnt proc sys var boot etc initrd none root tmp vmlinuz # df /mnt /mnt2 Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/vnd0a 692M 692M 0B 100% /mnt /dev/vnd1a 1.9G 1.9G 0B 100% /mnt2 # umount /mnt2 # vnconfig -u vnd1 # umount /mnt # vnconfig -u vnd0 Note how the 1.9GB big filesystem on /mnt2 is mounted from the compressed file stored on the 692MB CD mounted on /mnt. To create a com- pressed file system image of an existing directory and mount it, run: # makefs -t ffs include.fs /usr/include # vndcompress include.fs include.fs.cloop2 # vnconfig -z vnd0 include.fs.cloop2 # mount -o ro /dev/vnd0a /mnt # ls /mnt To undo the steps, run: # umount /mnt # vnconfig -u vnd0 # rm /tmp/include.fs.cloop2 # rm /tmp/include.fs SEE ALSO
gzip(1), vnd(4), mount(8), mount_cd9660(8), vnconfig(8) AUTHORS
The vndcompress utility was written by Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>. The vndcompress manual page was written by Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de> and Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@NetBSD.org>. BSD
December 12, 2005 BSD