Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wired and inactive pages
Top Forums Programming wired and inactive pages Post 19033 by manjunath on Friday 5th of April 2002 03:14:48 AM
Old 04-05-2002
wired and inactive pages

Hello

How to find out wired pages and inactive pages in HP -UNIX.

Bye

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wired pages

hi, can any body tell, what are wired pages in HP_UX. which structure contains that and plz tell the corresponding system call to get it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_t
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

inactive pages

hi, plz tell me, how can get the inactive pages in HP UX. bye.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_t
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Wired keyboard sniffing

Are we safe using the everyday wired keyboard? Although this concept is old, I had never seen an actual implementation on the matter until a few days ago. (Four ways of sniffing the electromagnetic emanations of wired keyboards currently on the market in up to 20 meters.) Check the videos at:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redoubtable
2 Replies

4. Programming

wired problem about next_permutation

hello all, If i have a vector of strings,i wanna get all possible combinations of them,for example,the elements of that vector are "hello" "world" "!" I thought the answer should be: hello world ! hello ! world world ! hello world hello ! ! hello world ! world hello However,with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

hostapd & wired network ?

hi im using the following network with hostapd on the authenticator : Authentication server <---wired---> Authenticator(hostapd<----wired---> User (win XP with WinRadius) 1.100 -------- 1.200 , 0.13 ----- 0.12 and this is my configurations for hostapd : interface=eth1 driver=wired... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: turner
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop wired output issue

Hi, Wired output I am getting. Pls let me know what mistake i did on below loop script paste profile.txt names.txt | while read i j do echo >> profiles.ini echo Name=$j >> profiles.ini echo IsRelative=1 >> profiles.ini echo Path=Profiles/$j >> profiles.ini done ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
3 Replies
MLOCKALL(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual						       MLOCKALL(2)

NAME
mlockall, munlockall -- lock (unlock) the address space of a process LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mman.h> int mlockall(int flags); int munlockall(void); DESCRIPTION
The mlockall system call locks into memory the physical pages associated with the address space of a process until the address space is unlocked, the process exits, or execs another program image. The following flags affect the behavior of mlockall: MCL_CURRENT Lock all pages currently mapped into the process's address space. MCL_FUTURE Lock all pages mapped into the process's address space in the future, at the time the mapping is established. Note that this may cause future mappings to fail if those mappings cause resource limits to be exceeded. Since physical memory is a potentially scarce resource, processes are limited in how much they can lock down. A single process can lock the minimum of a system-wide ``wired pages'' limit and the per-process RLIMIT_MEMLOCK resource limit. The munlockall call unlocks any locked memory regions in the process address space. Any regions mapped after an munlockall call will not be locked. RETURN VALUES
A return value of 0 indicates that the call succeeded and all pages in the range have either been locked or unlocked. A return value of -1 indicates an error occurred and the locked status of all pages in the range remains unchanged. In this case, the global location errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
mlockall() will fail if: [EINVAL] The flags argument is zero, or includes unimplemented flags. [ENOMEM] Locking the indicated range would exceed either the system or per-process limit for locked memory. [EAGAIN] Some or all of the memory mapped into the process's address space could not be locked when the call was made. [EPERM] The calling process does not have the appropriate privilege to perform the requested operation. SEE ALSO
mincore(2), mlock(2), mmap(2), munmap(2), setrlimit(2) STANDARDS
The mlockall() and munlockall() functions conform to IEEE Std 1003.1b-1993 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The mlockall() and munlockall() functions first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. BUGS
The per-process resource limit is a limit on the amount of virtual memory locked, while the system-wide limit is for the number of locked physical pages. Hence a process with two distinct locked mappings of the same physical page counts as 2 pages against the per-process limit and as only a single page in the system limit. BSD
June 12, 1999 BSD